Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

We recently adopted an almost blind dog into our family. Shes a total bitch and barks at me and tries to bite me. Shes not cool enough to ride in my truck haha.

2. sololobo

sololobo

Hounds galore, love seeing all your furry pals. Cool. ~Sololobo~

3. this little guy has been all over AZ with us, as well as california.. right now its in my camry but once all the toys are done hes riding co-pilot in them too..

[​IMG]

4. Deuces

Deuces

Here's more of my little guy... :)

Attached Files:

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

we just had to make a choice between not letting the pos broke daily driver be repossessed or taking boo to the vet, boo is doing much better, that car would have cost me another 1500 dollars to fix it, junk civic, we have the lincoln anyway. boo's entire face swelled up, one antibiotic shot later, one thermometer up the rear, and 2 weeks worth of horse pills. she looks 100 percent later

6. My doberman always howls when he heres me pull into the driveway. He loves going for rides in mine or my dads car.

7. Jonneville

Jonneville
    from NY and UK

"Tigger". She's a tri-colour Rough Collie who loves riding in our '38 coupe...

[​IMG]

Regards

Jon'.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Looks like a very happy dog... :)

9. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

my little guy Roman and 4yr old Emma

Attached Files:

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

spam reported:mad:

11. Deuces

Deuces

Last Saturday evening, a group of high school kids were walking down my street and came in contact with my little guy... He's friendly with everybody.. Well anyway, these kids decided to use my cat as a football and kicked him hard! :mad: I didn't find this out till later the next morning.. I had to rush him too an emergency vet and they told me he's got a busted pelvic bone on his left side and he's also paralized (sp) in the same area.. An old woman across the street knocked on my door Sunday and told me what those kids did when I got back from the clinic. I'm still trying to find out who these little bastards are that did this to my little Buddy..
    :mad::mad:

12. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

if you have animal cruelty laws they might get in trouble since there was a witness, but chances are they will get a slap on the wrist. it sucks. bubba isn't doing well now, he's lost a lot of weight, i started him on a 4 in one wormer, and we are giving him lots of protein to try and fatten him up, I bought an entire hen and cooked it for him, took the meat off the bones and filled up his bowl. He has to have simple proteins anyway, we found out he was allergic to the grains in regular dog food, made his fur fall out. So now he eats healthy balance. his fur all came back, now the little guy is losing weight, I think he's been eating squirrel turds when i've been walking him, which are full of roundworms

13. Deuces

Deuces

Hope he gets well soon!!

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

thanks, I'll get his little self fattened up. he got an entire can of beef stew. he didn't even realize it had worm powder mixed in with it. He's got that Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix, and both breeds are bad about grain allergies, they put enough grain in dog food to feed cows now.

15. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

here,s my 3,
    twin dobbies and my best pal, shorty, he,s been to every car show iv ever been to.
    he loves to ride, the dobbies are still scared of my hotrod but i gotta fight to keep em outta my truck.

Attached Files:

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Good decision. A POS is just a POS, but a dog is also a friend. We have three, well, two and a half, (2 Shepherds and a 9 pound Mini Pin). They drive us nuts and I could build a bridge from here to Maui with all the dog shit I shovel up but we wouldn't have it any other way. When I pick up the leash they're all excited & ready to go.

17. "I could build a bridge from here to Maui with all the dog shit I shovel up"

DUDE.thats some funny shit right there! :)

18. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

we got her about the time we got married over ten years ago, my wife called me and asked if we could have a dog, but i already heard a dog in the background, :rolleyes: she was rescued from where she was left tied to a pole half starved and full of worms. my wife suffers from depression and that dog has helped her more then all the doctors,hospitals,pills etc. She lays on her when she gets depressed and won't leave her side. Like a big stinky teddy bear, she loves the Lincoln we got, plenty of room to stretch out.

19. My riding buddy "Austin". When we come back from a ride, he sits in the car and doesn't want to come out.

Attached Files:

20. This is ours , meet "Shadow" ,,, Go for a ride has a special meaning for her . When we start to pack for a trip and she sees her travel bag come out , Its definatelly happy dog time .
    Brian

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

great picture!! someone needs to photoshop a cape on that dog. :D never fear!! underdogs cousin is here!! I hear a tennis ball in trouble!!

22. Deuces

Deuces

That almost looks like my seesters dog "Rocky" :) Here he is with yours truely.. Probably the only time you'll ever see me without a mustache... Yes, I'm ugly I know it... Just don't rub it in.. :(

Attached Files:

23. ExcessiveRodder

ExcessiveRodder

Just had to post a pic of my Cat (catahoula) , his name is Reese .
    He is a fairly big boy at 120 lbs.

Always up for a ride !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Very cool that you both saved her, and that she helps your wife. I guess they don't call 'em "Mans best friend" for nothing. As I type this my female shepherd is breathing her stinky breath in me, begging for a scratch. :D

25. Time to update how my little GiGi is doing. She is a 12-pound Papi-Chi mix that means everything to me! She apparently jumped off the couch (she hates heights of any kind), and wrenched her back to the point she could barely move! That, and the fact she had worms, damn near killed her. She was in intense discomfort if we tried to hold her, and she would not walk, or even crawl or scoot. She felt bloated after we had picked her up from the vet. They gave her pain meds for the back, and gave her worm meds, as well. She came home after nearly five days at the vet clinic, and after another four days or so, she was walking a few feet at a time. We had acquired a doggie wheelchair online, and got her moving around in that, to an extent...she did not like that device much at all! After a couple of weeks at home, one day she suddenly RAN from the bedroom to the home office!

So, now, after a month and a half after her problems started, she is probably 85% good now! Her appetite is great, she drinks water regularly, and pees and poops like she should. Sleeps all night now, too! She still is slow to stand up after sitting or laying down, as it takes her a few to gain her balance. She stumbles like a drunk at first, then gets around great. She doesn't like steps, and she will no longer go into or in from the garage - that six-inch step is too much for her, still.

Gigi is like a magnet when we are home. She craves the attention, and is getting her desire to play back more and more. She'll set her tugging toy down in front of me when she is in the mood to tug and growl, and she loves those chew sticks again! It'll take time for her to walk 100% normal again, but I doubt she'll be like she was before her problems came up. I'm deliriously happy that we did not put her down, as the vet made it sound like she'd never walk again, initially. Doctors, whether they work on humans or critters, make what is essentially an educated guess. Of course, an animal can't vocalize their pain to us or a doc, so all there is is training, and faith, that what they do is correct.

My little Gigi is home and doing well...and absolutely spoiled rotten! I'd have it no other way!

Merry Christmas!

Attached Files:

26. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

you orta build her a smaller rig.
    cute dog, good your looking out for her..

27. Eaglepoint

Eaglepoint

This is Teddy, part Aussie shepherd and we think German shorthair pointer. Picked him up as a puppy and now he is 6 years old. He loves going in the car to the point when you get back home he sometimes will not get out!
    Happy Holidays To Everyone.............

Attached Files:

28. Landseer

Landseer
    from VA

Mine don't ride well, but they sure stay close and are the best copilots. I trust them.

Attached Files:

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

In that first picture it looks like Teddy is thinking "What the heck you doing to me Dad?" :D

30. Eaglepoint

Eaglepoint

Teddy was staring at the couch that he wanted to get back on as seen in photo #3 !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.