Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Frenzel supercharger at Early ford store!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike@EarlyFordStore, Dec 21, 2010.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

2. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Thought of the same thing, even though there are many in the LA area..

3. guess Piccaso's aren't bringing what they use to....most likely it will become like one of those...only seen by the few...just a guess...someone new what it was....and there was a buyer....

4. gas pumper

gas pumper

stillrunners has the winner. Stolen to order. The real dirt bag is the customer that sent these guys to do the job.

5. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

That would have to be the dumbest theft I've seen in a long time. I used to drive a 66 Electra and was worried about theft until someone said "who would steal that?! you couldn't hide or drive it anywhere as there was only one in the whole city".

Same here, you can't use or sell it because the moment it hits the fresh air it'll be a bust. A lot of people read the H.A.M.B. and Frenzels aren't exactly a SBC. They stand out like dog's balls.

6. Oh shit sorry to hear that ill keep an eye out

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I hope it gets recovered quickly.

8. Retrorod

Retrorod

My work takes me all over So Cal every day...I'll be looking for it Mike.

Bastards.

9. Bump & can we get a sticky?

10. hershambob

hershambob

good luck in getting it back

11. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

All the A-Hole took was your blower...be glad he did not take your life...!

12. So it is ok for something to be stolen? I bet you'd be pissed if something of value was stolen from you. This wasn't a hold up robbery it was a basic distract and grab.

I hope it is recovered.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I know it a "close the barn door after the horse is gone" kinda deal but isn't here some way valuable items like this can be bolted down to the display so that only a wrench and time will make it accessible? I'd sure look into some restraining apparatus after loosing something so valuable. I don't recall the Hope Diamond being out on an open shelf so just anyone could pick it up and fondle it.

Frank

14. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

What a low-life!! I'm sure they feel there is nothing they can do, but did the cops come and fingerprint the place? I mean, he had to open a door or touch something there in the process, right? This can't be his first rodeo. This sounds like a "repeat offender"!

15. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

16. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I keep coming back to this, Hoping to read it's been found.

17. oj

oj

IMO the thief knew what it was, what he was doing and how rare. Therefore, he has also figured how to either get rid of it or has it squirreled away and it'll be a long time before it sees the light of day. It was not stolen by some dumbass lowlife.

18. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

We are working on a customers chassis for his '27 Roadster. He was at our shop yesterday and told us that this happened, absolutely unbelievable. We have been dealing with Bill and Michael for many years, great guys! Anyways, we told our customer he needed to find a handbrake handle & ratchet assembly for a 1932 Ford and he was on his way to the Early Ford Store already so he said he'd try and get one. He came back a few hours later with the part and an update.

It turns out that a neighboring shop to the EFS found a wallet on the ground and was asking around if it belonged to anyone. Long story short, it belonged to the POS that stole the supercharger! So now they have a positive ID. Worlds dumbest criminals, anyone?

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That is beyond amazing.....????

20. Now there is some good news.....I hope the coward rolls over and the piece is recovered and they ALL go to jail for grand theft

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

There is a Santa. Hope they nail this jerk hard!

22. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

get a rope,
    thats what we do in texas...

23. 409deuce

409deuce

AWESOME!
    I really hope it's the guy but how do they know its him. Did they match a description with a photo in the wallet or something? What a tool.

24. mow too much

mow too much

I sure hope its the guy and they catch him and he is sent to the B.F. factory for a long time.

25. A Rodder

A Rodder

Can't wait for the rest of this to pan out. That's just amazing. Thank GOD, literally.

26. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I hope you guys get it back and that guy and his crook friends end up in jail

27. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Charge one of his cards for the parts plus a sizable handling fee and wait for him to come back to get a return on it.

28. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You've gotta be kidding me ! Time to give the credit cards to those Russian kids that've been makin' the rounds lately bangin' people's cards ;) . That will teach 'em !

Oh yea ... then a beating & off to jail :) !!!

29. flatheadhero

flatheadhero
    from California

This is what we call a "Schadenfreude" moment. Schadenfreude

30. belyea_david

belyea_david
    from Regina, SK

Ah - Sweet payback is a bitch. Hope they nail'em!