Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's getting snow tonight?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Dec 3, 2010.

1. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

2. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

Central IL got a couple inches of the whites stuff. My youngest never seen it before :D

Attached Files:

3. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Got plenty of it last night. I took a picture of what it looked like at my place this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cheveey57

cheveey57

No snow yet & we probably won't get any this year or the next. I just broke down & bought a snow-blower............

5. The weather guy is saying we could get 16-20 by the time its all over !! Im ready for summer already!!

6. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

snow from the other day that took the Metrodome down in Minneapolis and moved the Viking/Giants game to Detroit

in my backyard
    [​IMG]

the landscape timber wall in the background is 3 feet tall

[​IMG]

here's a shot out the patio door

[​IMG]

Rudolph showed up stood there looking at me i interrupted his breakfast
    the planters by the deer are 2 and a half feet tall the deer is bigger then it looks

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  7. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Lake efect snow warning again here ! another 18" by Weds. night.

8. Geesh - it's even snowing NOW in Williamsburg, VA!

9. sinks88

sinks88

20 inches! 20!!!! the Dome collapsed as well, at least my ride didnt get crushed.

10. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Its is mighty cold here !

11. dt50chev

dt50chev

49 degees for the low tonight and near 80 degrees tomorrow. Maybe January or February we will see snow, and then again maybe not.

12. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Nope, but today was great motorcycle weather! :)

13. we've got some snow5-6 inches -missed a couple of storms-they split right here in Davenport- Iowa go north and sometimes south due to the Mississippi Valley area - we are supposed to get hit today and just started to warm up to the high teens/low twenties from just below zero

14. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

The move to So. Cal. is finally paying off.
    Merry Christmas to everyone I left back in Minneapolis!

Attached Files:

15. my Dad had to put his t-shirt on to clean his pool in ElPaso -thats nice

16. NO snow just lots of rain but here on the west coast we don't suntan we rust, and if you don't move to fast moss has a habit of growing in places one would rather not see. Rob.

17. gsport

gsport

no snow here, but today a tornado touched down about 5 miles away and did alot of damage here....

18. Kaptain Kustom

Kaptain Kustom
    from Finland

Where I live, the sun stays above horizon about five hours a day now. In the northernmost Finland it doesn't rise at all, it's just some dusk at the middle of the day.

If it's warm in here in winter, it's usually also wet, meaning it's pitch dark all the time. Also it kills me when it cycles around; first everything freezes up and it snows a lot, then it starts to melt again and everyplace is full of that heavy slush and shit, etc, etc.

For these reasons, I think the early coming of continuous cold weather and snow in November really was a blessing! There's not too much snow for it to be a problem (except in Helsinki), but enough to light up the darkness. Very good winter so far!

Some people say this will be the coldest winter for centuries in Finland. Lately it's been around -23...-19°C (-9.5...-2°F) in my whereabouts. Usually it's this cold only for a couple of weeks in January or February.

19. Deuces

Deuces

All we have is frozen ice in my neck of the woods... :mad::mad:

20. We got a dusting Monday night, maybe 2" and the Tuesday commute was a demo derby for some. I went into work earlier than usual and got in with no problem. 2 people went in an hour later and got into accidents. Can't wait for a REAL snowfall...

Bob

21. indygasser

indygasser

3 to 4 here snowmobile time ps it's vintage!!!!

22. BISHOP

BISHOP

Purty warm today. 60 degrees

23. bgaro

bgaro

should be gettin ours on sunday, its been in the teens at night and i spent all my money on a model a so i aint got any heat in the garage. ive been working out there anyway.

24. 5window

5window

It's winter-what do you expect? You guys are tying up good bandwdith and pushing worthwhile discussions further and further down the page with this ridiculous thread. Moderators, please close this baby down!

25. Cymro

Cymro

We had some 8 or 9 inches of snow over the past couple of nights, we have been advised not to travel without a 4x4 or the journey being absolutely necessary,roads have been closed, we simply do not have the infrastructure to cope, the last major snowfall that I remember was the winter of'81 /'82 it was so cold that our college bus used to freeze up on a regular basis, waxed diesel and frozen radiators. But havin said that the snow has created a serene environment that may even last over the Christmas Break,

26. leadfoot4

leadfoot4

We got a little "lake effect dusting" here last night, however we're on the verge of setting a new record for December snowfall. It's also been in the 20s for a little over 2 weeks now. I'm completely embarrassed, as the "family fleet" is absolutely filthy, but it's way too cold to wash them!

27. hotrodhillbilly23

hotrodhillbilly23
    from Indiana

yard scroungin' yesterday down by Indygassers was a pain in the butt with that snow covering everything, found some cool shit though! Appreciate the tour!

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm visiting the Hudson Valley area of New York for Christmas (Dutchess County). We're not getting any right now and I wish we were. A good 6 to 10 inches would be perfect. Just enough to make it fun.

29. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

We're supposed to get some Christmas afternoon and evening but I'll believe it when I see it.

30. b-bob

b-bob

No snow here, just mild and wet. I am about five miles north of the U.S. border near the coast.