Register now to get rid of these ads!

rear window? Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkchop4464, Dec 23, 2010.

1. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Hey all,

Building the back of my cab which is a 30 sedan, and I have most of it fabbed out now. I need to have beads rolled in the fixed panels on the sides, but all-in-all, I am pretty happy with the results. I do still need to figure out my rear window, however. Does anyone have any suggestions for rear window frames, sizes, and options? I was thinking that I want a narrow and small rectangle mail slot. Something like a model T rear pickup cab window. Someone told me that they went to a glass shop and just gave the measurement of the glass they wanted and the glass guy cut it from saftey glass and then gave him a universal 18 gauge window rubber length to basically make the window fixed. Anyone else ever do this? Pictures?

The Pork

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

you should use a honda civic windshield for the rear. just because it has never been done.

3. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

That small rectangular slot window comes with a drastic chop. Got pics of the 30?

4. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Just because you use Honda Civic parts on your excuse of a rod, don't push your wares on me. I'm old school.

5. Get some tracks and make it roll down.

6. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

No body has a clue what you car looks like without pics. Seems to be a common thing latley

7. my thought is since you have a `30 ford sedan , why not use the stock frame? you can chop it if needed

8. humpie

humpie

flat square windows are getting hard to find and this may sound crazy but i used a rear cab window from a 1980 chev dump truck,if you dont like the size it is eazy to cut to any size.i used the complete window and frame and zipped it in.good luck and happy motoring:)

9. x2.....