Register now to get rid of these ads!

dangest things found in old cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhumphries, Jul 29, 2010.

1. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Found a cobbler's stand in the trunk of my 55 Plymouth, and a used dried up condom under the back seat. Plus about a lb. of mice poop.

2. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

know a guy who cut open some old seats to recover them and found money inside a money clip and the guys ID, i wanna say it was 1940s, but im not 100% on the year.

3. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

A guy my friend knows bought a '40 Ford Convert at an Estate sale from barn of old cars in Ga. about 6 years ago and back in the top well were 12 big quart Mason jars with old bills of all demonations all tightly rolled up! He never told how much he found. Another friend bought a '65 GTO and couldn't get the trunk open until he got home. Found the COMPLETE original 3 x 2s setup in there!
    All I ever found was a string of 12 Rubbers (Condums). Thank God they weren't used!

4. built2grind

built2grind

5. olskool34

olskool34

Found a 40's firestone ice scraper in my 29 coupe. Buddy of mine found a playboy from around 1970 in his 59 impala. Wow, I forgot wha real women looked like!

6. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Woah!!! Yer old Ford has been some strange places

7. Found two 60# boxes of 6010 welding rods. One unopened.
    Still using them.

8. 64chrysler300

64chrysler300

While me and my dad were replacing the mat in my 64 ford truck, we found a horse shoe under the old mat. My truck used to haul horse trailers years ago. We just assumed they put it under there for good luck. So it sits under the new mat to this day.

9. 64cheb

64cheb

Also I forgot that I found about a dollar in change in the radio of my 64 chevy, all from the 70's. Also found a 20 ton floor jack along with R12 in the trunk. The PO lost the keys back in the early 90's, and didnt know what all was in there. Also found a VW Bilstein hand crank jack in my friend's 82 Ford.

10. deathcar77

deathcar77
    from Scotia, ny

I recently picked up a '79 Lincoln Town Car from a funeral home. Inside, I found several funeral ceremony pamplets, rearview mirror hangers to remind drivers to keep headlights on in the procession, a magnetic taxi cab-style sign that says FUNERAL for the roof, and a casket bag with a body ID tag....creepy!!

-Matt

11. rambler racer

rambler racer

i dragged a 68 rambler american home and found a Detroit police window parking pass,a radio dispatch status card,criminal record request pad, parking ticket not filled out,the officers cards,a department of sex crimes unit card.

12. Gigantor

Gigantor

I found an interesting assortment in my roadster a couple weeks ago. I was waiting for this thread to surface, but alas I have no pics. Nothing too remarkable.
    I found an old plastic baby doll torso as well as a small wooden child's block with a faded but still legible image of Minnie Mouse on it. COnsidering that the car sat for years starting in the early 70's I suspect the topless car was just too cool to resist making a little playhouse out of.
    I also found a tiny little pipe wrench rusted solid that I'm going to try to free up with a little help from my friends molasses and vinegar.
    The neatest thing ( I think) I found was a very old cigar band. I don't recognize the brand, but figured I'd scan it and do some research to try to track down the maker and see if they're still in business. I enjoy a good cigar from time to time and think it would be neat to sit behind the wheel of the roadster and fire up a stogie that the previous owner from way back liked to puff.
    So far, that's all I've found but the tear down process is far from complete.

13. rambling

rambling

a whole lot of mouse shit and old pull tabs

14. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

My tear down of the 36 international in the avatar netted me 2 silver dollar of 1936 worn like they had been through the war. 3 buffalo nickels,2 mercury dimes used all but one to cap holes in firewall,and alot of mouse crap.

15. cadman89

cadman89

I found this useful tool under the front seat of a 40 Ford Sedan.
    It hang in my garage next to the fridge ....I still use it to this day :)

[​IMG]

Cadman

16. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

after much cutting,welding and grinding,I roll my AMX over on the rotissery and what falls to the floor? an M-80 ! not sure where it was hiding but that would have made me crap my shorts if it had gone off while I was working. :eek:

17. 72IH

72IH

Found a bottle opener in every old ride I've bought. 73 Eldorado convertible, 72 Scout, 60 IH three door pickup, and the latest one was in my 36 IH. Weird that all those past owners must of had a beer or two while working on or driving them. Must have been meant to be for me to own them.

18. r.p.m. rick

r.p.m. rick

i found a 50 cal. shell un fired in a 48 buick hearse ...it was sunk in the ground an when i was winching it up on the truck it fell out...

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Damn! Skid marks in the Skivvies for sure!:D

20. encswsm

encswsm

Looks like a cat to me too... Anyway s the only thing I remember finding an a car I bought was maicelaneous tools...

21. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Just found an old adjustable wrench with "Buffum Tool co" and two swaztikas on it in a 50 Dodge I parted out this weekend. I assume it was made before the Nazi's used it as thier symbol, Pretty interesting I think.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  22. heywacha

heywacha
    from Orange, CA

Found in:
    1962 chevy truck bought from an old man at the Pomona swapmeet: lady's underwear. Not old, but used... UUUGGGHH...

1964 International that came from a texas school district: 6 empty whiskey bottles.

23. cakes

cakes

the coolest thing I found was a 1/2" mid 60s snap-on ratchet. I use it all the time

24. Um that would be Nazis not Communists

Poverty leaves an impression

25. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

I found a Three Musketeers, a ball point pen, a comb, an empty pint of Old Harper, a couple of flash light batteries and some beef jerky in the back of a '58 Chevy.

26. ALABAMA ANDY

ALABAMA ANDY

I had an old VW Camper imported to England from Texas.
    Sand everywhere & lots of strange little 2" long sand mountains that would have had some kind of bug living in them.
    Some one told me they are called "Dirt Dobbers" ???
    Never heard of them, is that what they are called ?
    Forgot about this untill I went through some old Cooler Chests that came over with the Bus, so I can Ebay them off.
    When I opened one of them I found another one of these little nests.
    Eurhhh.....

27. When I was first out of high school, I worked as an auto detailer for a dealer. Once when vacuuming a customers car, the vacuum sucked up a pair of black lace panties. I hung them on the mirror while I continued my job, & left them hanging there when drove the car to where the owner would pick it up. Wished I'd have stuck around just to see his face

28. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Most likely Moonshine:cool:

29. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Mud daubers, but it rains more here than in Texas so I reckon they daub dirt down there.

Break them open and sometimes you find some dead babies in there.

30. rancid737

rancid737

I found this mummified rat in the air vent of a 56 packard

Attached Files: