Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1957 Ford Ranchero (Mild Custom - Facelift)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro-Flattie1, Nov 28, 2010.

1. 69supercj

69supercj

Awesome ride my friend, gotta love the youngun's gettin' their hands dirty!!!

2. We got some more work in on the Ranchero...
    Driver side door
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thanks for the kind words.
    I have always liked Mr Musico's - I jumped the gun and bought this then his came up for sale - Wish I had known sooner. :D

4. Thanks Man!
    When you get a chance - send me a few pages of that Car Craft issue. I would like to see it!

5. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

makes me actually want to get a ranchero! looks killer!

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Will do!

7. fairlane_1958

fairlane_1958
    from Oregon

Just subscribed what a great project!!!!!

8. RI5KY

RI5KY

everything you are doing on this car sounds perfect.. just please dont chop it! can not wait to see this car finished it already had cool lines and the things your doing will make it even cooler!

9. spinner

spinner

nice work !!sets great

10. lazyv8

lazyv8

your body and paint man sux.

11. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Over the holidays I was lucky enough to get a copy of Kustomland (The James Potter photography collection). There is a pretty nice Ranchero in there and a couple of T Birds with the Edsel light housings. Both made me thing back to this car and think that when its finished it would fit right in cruising the strip sometime around 59 60 61 62.

Body work, done at a level I imagine you are aiming at, is not easy or "fun". I dont envy this part of the job, but its this part of the job that will make a difference later.

Gotta love the boogers after a couple hours of sanding ha ha.

12. spinner

spinner

any updates on your project. would like to see air ride setup for the front. thanks

13. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Nitro, You sure have the beginning of a really clean and neat custom Ranchero. Also good to see you and your son teamed up doing work on your Ranchero ! Keep the updates a flowing.

Dave

14. Heres a few sneak peaks for now. I didnt have my camera with me last night so these are from my phone...
    I will post some better pictures tomorrow of the rear upper fins and the tail light fitment. Enjoy. :D

[​IMG]

15. House of Kolor Meteor Maroon.
    [​IMG]

16. Thanks Dave - Its fun having Dean with me on this build. He's only 6 and he's so fired up for the Sacramento Autorama and having the car there. :D

17. When I get the car home - Ill snap some pictures and send them to you.

18. I need to get a copy of Kustomland! Body work... something that ive never done so im relying heavily on and learning from LazyV8. Im happy he's in my court - helping out! :D

19. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep up the good work! Looks like it'll be beautiful when it's done. Definitely cool to see the kid get to work on it too. He'll have a smile on his face when he gets a ride to school in that!

p.s. I'm glad you went with maroon. It'll be bitchin'.

20. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Gonna be a good look'n ride. Save the clips to mount the side trim, at least
    till you find more. Have the rear fender wheel opening been made larger at the
    front? Mine were cut out 360 degrees' when I raced it but added sheet metal
    few yrs back. Nice work.

21. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Your Ranchero is coming along really nice! It'll be cool to see the finished result.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  22. House of Kolor base white
    [​IMG]