Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do your neighbors think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Preacher, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

They're usually pretty cool except the times they catch me spying on them with my high powered binoculars.

2. 66JameStang

66JameStang

We have had a visit from codes to our house, apparently the neighbors think we are running an illegal shop/chop shop out of a two car garage! Silly neighbors... The neighbor to my left is a Hot Rod guy so I am pretty sure it wasn't him complaining....

3. I once bought a house because two doors up, in the driveway was a roadster pu in the driveway under construction along with a nice A coupe in the open garage and a FED and an AD pickup. He later moved cause he ran out of parking space. Nice guy.

4. spot

spot
    from usa

I live in a old neighborhood in town and the property values are ridiculous because its intown. My garage is behind and under my house. All my stuff is inside or covered. My neighbors are cool and I keep stuff clean and quiet for the most part.

5. I'm debating about purposely buying a property classified as a junkyard, just so no one can say anything if I have a bunch of cars parked there.

6. 6berry

6berry

i used to have one neighbor that liked me and worked on cars too that i would always trade parts or tools with and all our neighbors hated us

7. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

old couple , retarded family , crack house , i try not to think about it. Iam going to ask them tomorrow .

8. kzeliminator

kzeliminator
    from chicago

ive got a deaf 90 year old lady whos awsome, and an unemployed IT guy who's nice to your face but talks shit behind your back, at least his hot wife says so when she stop by to see what ive bought this week, lol

I live on a cul de sac and Im pretty sure everyone is scared of me for some odd reason, aside from the local kids who love all the loud toys that run through here

9. i get along great with the neighbors. they have old rusty stuff... i have tools and a welder

10. big bad john

big bad john

........Could'nt ask for better........two of them have hotrods,,,so we share ideas and drink beer together.....

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've got one neighbor who races in circles. Got another who has 4 hotrods (including another Austin gasser!) and another who drag races a old 68 Firebird and test runs it down the street occasionally.
    I try to keep my rod work inside, but sometimes they just don't fit! I always wait untl 9:00am to start, and quit by 6:00pm. When the house next door was up for sale I used to back my non HAMB hotrod out and fire it up when the realtor was showing the home. The people who bought it weren't put off at all by it, and never complain still.
    I did get a funny visit from parking division last week though. Seems someone reported my pickup truck as abandoned, which was hilarious to me. It used to sit for weeks not driven because I had a company vehicle, but I retired last month and it gets driven daily now. The inspector thought it was funny that AFTER I started driving it daily someone reported it as abandoned!

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Which neighbor should I be worried about, the one who sneaks his mistress in the house when his wife is not home, the one who walks around in his bath robe with no drawers on, or the one who had to read me his court ordered expose about his illegal past. One word from them and it's armagedon.

13. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

ironically i am ready to move at this point... need some more space and i miss my old shop.

14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I was here first.End of story

15. StudebakerBob

StudebakerBob
    from Lapeer MI

My neighbor was overjoyed when I brought the 27 Studebaker home. Even though it's got a set of Zoomies on it they are cool with it. It was the shorty drag pipes on the 1974 Super Glide that drove them up the wall!

16. firingorder1

firingorder1

I don't tell my neighbors what to do with their houses or yard and I'm damned if they are going to tell me what to do. Plus as has been said already I have the tools and a welder and usualy the know how.

17. Deuces

Deuces

I cut their grass and shovel their snow... No problems! :D

18. Took my hotrod around the neighbor hood slowly.Open headers,slicks,no plates no ins. was very courteous...as much as possible with open headers..Some neighbors came out of thier houses and gave thumbs up.Some waved that were already out.Someone called the cops....He drove by nice and slow just as I backed it in the garage....no harm no foul...legal next time out...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  19. TERPU

TERPU

They think I'm Crazy but useful. I'm the only guy in the neighborhood who can weld, cut, grind, fabricate, and paint. So they pretty much leave me alone until they need something.

Tim

20. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

my neighbors stay away - i have a nasty 80 lb. dog who loves the taste of blood & i unload a clip in a 30 caliber auto at least once a month into a tree

21. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

I got one neighbor I can see (live out in the country). A 91 year old lady who doesn't drive and is partly deaf. Don't have to worry about her. The other neighbors are very very private and have a gate across their driveway with the houses hidden out of view. I wave, once one of them went out for a walk and commented on my 51 Chevy dumptruck. Down the road is the rez, the Indians don't care about what I do. The rest of the land near by is owned by absentee owners that only come up for hunting. My place was previously lived in by a long line of drug dealers and crack heads (plus thieves). I am quite a step up from those folks.

22. chris55

chris55

My neighbor has called the city and the cops on me so many times, that I know them all by name.

23. They think I hate myself (due to the nature of my projects).

24. I wish I had neighbors! haha The nearest house to me is miles away

25. Before i moved to the mountains my neighbors hated me. Stuck up hybrid drivers.

26. They must have been "smug"...something wrong with people who lust over hybrids.

27. ironpile

ironpile

Don`t get me started on neighbors,one of mine offered to buy my house so he would control 2/3 of the whole block and he wouldn`t have to look at my stuff. He knew better than to call it junk because I read the city ordinances on junk,mine does not qualify.

28. hemi46

hemi46
    Member Emeritus

I rent my shop from the local wrecking yard, so chasing parts don't take long. The neighbor on the other side has an outside machinery storage permit and a used car lot. No complaints.

29. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

mine all run and drive, and if not they will real soon...my town trustee owns Taylors Hot Rods in New Miami, Ohio...and I have known him for 20 years, so zoning has not been a problem...but we all have tractors/campers/cars ect...we're in the country...

30. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

One neighbor is a real old school biker/Vietnam combat vet and the other is an old school douche bag. The douche is a former councilman, self appointed lawn policeman and busybody who is just a fucking prick. He mows his grass twice a day and put up a fence cause I didn't take his advice on lawncare. The biker is a great neighbor cause he knows how to mind his own business but still watch over my shit. I watch over his shit and we help each other out. All the rest of the neighbors hate us. It doesn't bother me at all, it's actually pretty amusing. I don't go out of my way to push anyone's buttons but I also am not going to change my ways because some asshole frowns on it either.