Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '51 Chevy build journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robleticia, Oct 26, 2010.

1. 51chevyrat

51chevyrat

you didnt go wrong by puttin the rings on they look great!!!

2. Racrdad

Racrdad

Trim Rings looks awesome!!! Glad you finally got up the nerve to snap them on those nice powdercoated wheels.

3. robleticia

robleticia

Man you aint kidding, that was the hardest thing I have done on this car so far! I cringed as I pushed them into the rims, then I stepped back and looked at them, I love them! What a relief! Come on Sunday, I'm ready for another car in my garage!

BrerHair- you are the king of rust man, I will never bitch about floor pans again! Holy smokes, what a huge job you are tackling and you are kicking ass and taking names! Keep at bro!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  4. robleticia

robleticia

Hi, my name is Rob and I'm a HAMBaholic! Why am I on here at 12:45am? This site is addicting, and I love it! Thanks Ryan!

5. fyi, pic 4 of 5 on your last set is my new background! ;) Shes looking real good!

6. sgnova72

sgnova72

Looks great with the trim rings. I can't wait to see the pic of the two cars sitting together in the garage. I don't know if you'll be able to resist the temptation to work on that 54 once its home. ;)

7. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Great job the car looks great!
    I have been following the belvadeer post and reading all your comments, I just found your thred.
    Keep it up
    MrC

8. robleticia

robleticia

visualillusions~ thanks, that is a great compliment!

sgnova72~ you are probably right! I still love your Nova, I am going to have one some day!

mrconcdid~ thanks for the compliments, I have been watching your build (great job by the way) trying to get ideas for my next one!

9. dannyogorman

dannyogorman

Im Danny and I too am a HAMBaholic. Loving all these home grown builds.

10. robleticia

robleticia

Danny,
    When we gonna get to see your '51?
    Rob

11. dannyogorman

dannyogorman

As soon as I have something worthy of showing. Right now it's all just finishing off the inside of the hood from when I rounded the edges and all the small stuff that takes up a ton of time. I'll have something to show ya in a couple days. I promise.

12. robleticia

robleticia

Attached Files:

13. Now i hate you! ;D JK, nice score!

14. robleticia

robleticia

So does my wife! HAHAHA!

15. robleticia

robleticia

finally found a little "me" time so off to the garage I went. The bumpers were just tacked into place. I had to cut off the factory mounts in order to tuck the bumper up closer to the body. So today I made some brackets and welded some bolts to the back of the bumper. I slotted the brackets on the side of the car so the bumper can be removed.

Attached Files:

16. robleticia

robleticia

Next it was time do do something about the gap in between the bumper and the body that was created by lowering the bumper, so I filled it in! Still have a little grinding to do, but I couldnt get the grinder in the radius so i will pick up a die grinder tomorrow and finish it up then I can remount the bumper so you can see how good it looks.

Attached Files:

17. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Progress is good!! Way to go.

18. STRANGERODZ

STRANGERODZ
    from WASHINGTON

Your doing great looks way cool.

19. Racrdad

Racrdad

Nice Touch!!!

20. metalix_421

metalix_421

robleticia you going to be at lonestar? its crunch time in my garage to try to get the fleetline finished it lime (well at least drivable) hope to see you there. I would really like to see your car.

21. Nice work . Inspirational for the rest of us . Thanks

22. robleticia

robleticia

metalix....I'm trying, I'm trying! Not sure if I am going to make it or not, well I will be there for sure but I dont know about the car yet? I would love to see your fleetline too! I will try my best, if nothing else I will pm you my # so we can meet up!
    Rob

23. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

I was just on Lonestar's sight and no date for 2011 has been announced yet. What's up with that??

24. Racrdad

Racrdad

25. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

26. metalix_421

metalix_421

27. metalix_421

metalix_421

from the looks of it you have more of a car then I do at the moment. im doing all the paper work for my title today, i hope its here it time. still have not fired it up yet, no drive shaft, no wiring, I have a shit tone of stuff to do still and hoping the funds will come in to do it all.

28. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

Thanks guys!!

29. robleticia

robleticia

I'm hoping JRACER1 IS loosing his eye sight, that way he wont see me taking that Nova out of his yard!:D

30. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

HAHAHAHA...My eyes are only hurting from all of the reading being done on here.