Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Goofy Gadgets.......picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jul 4, 2010.

1. moparjack44

moparjack44

I remember the record player, but not the doggie carrier, that's too cool:cool:.

2. That looks handy, but will your dog be able to hear the record player outside of the car like that? :confused:

And don't forget our feline friends! :D

cat-carrier.jpg

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Some countries, like Japan, still use lights like those in this traffic light accessory on large vehicles like trucks and busses. Beware of the Hino truck! Gary

4. here are a few ... a pair of wind deflectors, more window snugs everyone seems to have, some child safety door locks and a speedo powered by the wind.

Attached Files:

5. moparjack44

moparjack44

I could use that SpeedO. I can't seem to get the one in my DeSoto to work :mad:.

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I would love to have a few if those to take the strays to the Humane Society !
    Yea I a sick one too !

Retro Jim

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

This is a cool piece. A tool tray made to slip over the radiator cap. Of course you have to have a down flow radiator with a center mounted cap.

8. Angel of Sin

Angel of Sin

I've been wanting to get a "Highway Hi-Fi" for my Dodge. They have to be the most wonderfully useless accessories ever, only played 16-2/3 rpm records, which there were around 40 or so to choose from. Love it!!!

9. Here is one you rarely see. I've never seen a set in use, have you? NOS Foxcraft skirt locks...

Attached Files:

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Skirt locks are cool...an old timer told me they use to braze on raxor blades behind the skirts.

11. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

I like how the old school burglars always look like the same guy...same hat, striped turtle neck, a mask that dosen't hide anything and the requisite stuble face...the Hastings guy always looked shady to me.

12. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I just bought a 1957 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery, former Junior Stock Class drag car. The distributor rotor was one of those "Supercharger" gimmicks J.C. Whitney use to sell. I broke it removing it, it was so old and brittle. Part of if was already broken away, but it was still functional, then I got to it. I thought it was odd a "snake oil gimmick" was being used. Butch/56sedandelivery.

13. Goldchainer$$$

Goldchainer$$$
    from L.A.

1940 50s SPEED ALLERTER! SPEED CONTROL NOS CHEVY FORD

I have 2 for sale

listed is cool vintage automobile item for your classic! the Speed allerter! this cool gizmo hooks to your generator and a red light that is mounted to the dash comes on when you are driving over the speed limit!! item is complete and comes in its original box with all instructions! great for display!

HERE WE HAVE A NOS NOVI SPEED WARNING BRAND NEW IN THE BOX. IT IS UNIVERSAL AND FIT MANY MAKE FROM 1954 THRU 1958 FORD,MERCURY,LINCOLN,EDSEL,CHEVROLET,PONTIAC,BUICK ,OLDS,CADILLACPLYMOUTH,DODGE,CHRYSLER AND MANY MORE.

THIS WOULD BE NICE TO ADD TO YOUR CLASSIC CAR OR JUST TO HAVE IT ON DISPLAY IN YOUR GARAGE.

IT WAS MANUFATURED MY NOVI EQUIPMENT COMPANY IN NOVI, MICHIGAN

Attached Files:

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

lol Is it a Boydster?:D

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LOL, Claymart, you ain't right!:D

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

picked these up the other day, dummy mini antennas

[​IMG]

17. wsdad

wsdad

Some of these 1930's ideas from Modern Mechanix turned out NOT to be "Goofy Gadgets." Some of them were good ideas but just needed a little more time for improvement. And some of them were just plain goofy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And from 1968:

[​IMG]

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

18. 1952henry

1952henry

[​IMG]

My vacuum/upper cylinder oilers dating from the 1920s to the 1950s.

19. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

How about the Guardsall Auto alarm.

Attached Files:

20. canadianzed

canadianzed

21. A windshield snow scraper that will also help figure your gas mileage....

[​IMG]

A plastic thingy to stick under your wiper blade while you go to find
    change for the meter.......

[​IMG]

Some Wynne's Kwik Kool liquid......

[​IMG]

And my all time personal favorite.....my bug deflector with propeller.

[​IMG]

22. flthd

flthd

I picked this up at a yard sale I think it has mercury in it Sumthin floatin around in there.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      456 KB
      Views:
  23. One Finger John

One Finger John

How much was the dollar ?

24. Toner283

Toner283

That's Moriarty's mower. Here is the build thread. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466562

Not sure if he has fired it since the rebuild but it does run. Check it out:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tA6kiwLGWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tA6kiwLGWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

25. moparjack44

moparjack44

Just bought, not yet installed, curb feelers in there original 50s box. Also Florida license plate topper with pink flamingo on top. Not installed yet, but soon after CHRISTmas.

26. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

nope never fired after the restoration, too afraid to scratch it, I did sharpen the blade before I chromed it. just in case!!

27. tomcat46

tomcat46

Cigarette dispenser and lighter...

[​IMG]

28. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

What? Nobody has those oil filter cannisters that holds a roll of toilet paper?

29. 37mj

37mj

sports-king dash knob on in a "jiffy" no tools needed universal fit for radio ,air vents heaters . mfd by stupell ind. ltd fifth ave ny

Attached Files:

30. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I found a pair of what looks like add on vent windows. The swivels are threaded and adjustable up and down to fit different openings apparently. They have a curved "foot" that looks like it would fit over the door edge and into the window channel. Not sure if that is what they really are but i don't have any others ideas.

Attached Files:

• AAA.jpg
      AAA.jpg
      File size:
      263.9 KB
      Views:
    • AA.jpg
      AA.jpg
      File size:
      442 KB
      Views: