Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects antique fuel pump project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danburnsart, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Danburnsart

Danburnsart
    from 59044

Well I've been working on an old gas pump for a guy...kinda friend of a friend thing...was going well, but I shot color today and what a disaster! Paint lifting, some of my body work wasnt as good as it looked and felt before spraying, gun gave me problems...just mess, a friggin mess. Think I'm gonna just have him come get it and no charge...got too much other stuff going on right now to mess with it, plus I was way undercharging him. Not really looking for advice or comments...just needed to vent a little. Thanks.

2. crash11049

crash11049

I understand how you feel but just rember, He will not mention that you did not charge him.
    Everytime he shows your work that fact will be left out, and others will think that is the quality of all your work.

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

Don"t walk away now man,learn from the screwup.Sure you are madder than shit now but you"ll get over it when you see the final product.

4. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Unrestored pumps have a cool look to them that's lost when restored and personaly I would be slightly irritated with a bad paint job at no charge. Get out the stripper!

5. Danburnsart

Danburnsart
    from 59044

Thanks all, but the thing aint in the cards right now...it's not what I do for a living, and it's not something I'm looking to do for a living...I do worry about it damaging my rep...brad chevy...thats what makes me so mad...I know I can do better...I've "seen" the finished product in other jobs I've done...thats why its frustrating! But we're trying to sell our house, I have paintings on the line to get done, working overtime at work...it's just not gonna happen right now.