Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who makes a good 32 Ford Radiator?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Im running a stock v8 radiator in my roadster and it works great but makes me a little nervous.It is one of the only parts that hasnt been freshened up or rebuilt on the car.Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket one? Ive had bad luck with walker in the past.Thanks,Louie

2. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I have a Walker and it gets a new leak every month. I may be looking at the Griffin aluminum radiators. Speedway has the best price so far.

3. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

If it works great, why not leave it well enough alone?
    What about it makes you nervous?
    Keep on truckin'!

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Louie, I ran a SBC with a stock Ford radiator for years in my 34 PU. If your SBC isn't too wild and no A/C it should be fine. I think I ran a 160 deg thermostat. The stock Ford non-pressurized radiator cap and the stock Chevy mech. fan.

Custom Auto radiator somewhere in NJ has been making hot rod radiators almost as long as Walker...for almost the same price.:D

5. Louie, I had Mattsons build me a new one. Theyre in Long Beach but apparently ship nationwide. They speak '32 and will build to your custom details. The 'Master' recommended him, and I was pleased. H

6. Antibilly

Antibilly

7. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Why don't you install one of those ice making machines in the rumble seat, that way your motor and my Blackhaus will stay cold.

8. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

9. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

My dad is runnin a 66 mustang radiator in his 32 Pickup. Its got AC and works great.

10. Spike!

Spike!

I've heard that early Mustang radiators work well also. They're a Hell of alot cheaper than when you say "'32" or "Hot rod" anything...

Spike