Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chance to buy this truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WB69, Dec 16, 2010.

1. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

buy it now! if you decide you dont want it, buy it anyway. i will pay a thousand above that. all you would have to do is watch it get loaded it on to my shippers truck. and you made yourself a grand

2. Hey Chris, how'd you miss this one? I figured you had Kansas picked clean by now! :confused:

3. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

of course , see if he would go lower though.
    pm me , winfield isn't to far for me , if he gotts anything else .

4. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Gasser Dood, yes they are the magnesium torgue thrusts. Bowtie Brown, I posted a few pictures in another thread. "Some pics of an old collector's stash"

5. Retro61

Retro61

Give him the $1400, it may open the door for a good deal on some of the other Treasures he has!!

6. you can't get anything half way decent for $1400 and it's a '50 Ford truck!! go for it. you don't want it after purchase, hell, you probably could turn key it and get your $$ back, or more.

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

why isn't this in your garage already? Do not vacillate, do not haggle. $1400 is a righteous price for this vehicle - heck, half the work has already been done.

Get busy, and as soon as you've secured that truck, get the info out to other HAMBers regarding what else this gentleman has around...he can make some money, and hotrodders can save some tin. Y'all will be PICKERS of the first order.

dj

8. Got to leave some for the other guys:rolleyes: I tell ya what, if I'd have known about it, it would have come home with me.

9. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Why does everyone have to haggle about a fair price, give him the $1400. take it home and thank your lucky stars. This a NO BRAINER.:mad:

10. Squablow

Squablow

If those wheels are what you say they are you can probably get $1400 for the set of those and have a free truck. If that isn't a good deal, I don't know what is.

11. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Agreed!

The $1400 deal for this straight/60 year old truck is a great deal but may be an icebreaker to having a working relationship with the guy. Let him know you're interested in saving some of the stuff for yourself and the future. Maybe you'll get first shot/right of refusal on his other vehicles------ more importantly, he may let you see/buy his parts stash that's been salted away in out buildings out of the weather. Think; early Ford bodies or sheetmetal, Hemi, wheels, speed parts. He may have some choice grilles, roadster doors etc. stashed away.

13. Give him the dough and drag it home...

14. Goodlife

Goodlife

If you can haul this home, the savings on shipping will quickly offset your concern about price. I live in Andover and would come and pick it up in a New York second. Go for it man!!

15. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. robleticia

robleticia

Sounds "fishy" to me! PM me his name and address and I will go check it out for you!:D Seriously! WHAT?????

17. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Your money, your project....If you want it buy it....$400 isn't crap to loose a nice project like that...
    You asked, so I say buy in now. He may have more stuff you want. Don't annoy him....
    Good luck.

18. I can buy those all day long for $200.00! Oh wait... it isn't the '60s anymore! (damn flashbacks!) Sounds like a good deal on a desirable truck. Like others have said: "you can always roll it over" if you decide on something else. This fellow will see you with the cash and think "what else can I sell to this young feller"!

19. Me too! It would have been a long gone muther f******! :D

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

is it on the trailer yet ?

21. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Get it for the $1400, old trucks make great hotrods.

22. Ready made and unique! GET IT!

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

With the engine already adapted and obviously once running, GET IT!!! If it turns out to not be your cup of tea you can flip it or at least make some money off parting it out.
    Damn, I hate sounding like Rustynewyorker but couldn't pass up the chance beating him to the punch.:eek::rolleyes::cool::D

Frank

24. flthd

flthd

If I had the money to get it to IN,I'd snatch it it up.

25. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I'm going out next week to yard the 324 out of an AD that it rests in. Cost me a couple hours welding on the guys trailer. I had one out of a Ford pickup when I was a kid. The adapter amounts to a flat ring that bolts the Ford truck 4 speed to the olds.

26. billys54

billys54

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have to agree with roddin-shack on this one. From what I have seen offered up in the classifieds on here for a hell of a lot more money that truck is more than a fair deal at 1400. And this time that may just open the door to get another rig from him where you can bargain a bit.
    A clear title that is the correct one for the truck adds that four hundred to the value of the truck in it's self. You could have it titled and registered in your name before you even picked it up if you desired to.

And I would bet that a couple of the same ones who were telling you to offer 1000 would try an buy it and then flip it here in the classifieds for triple that if they had half a chance.

28. art.resi

art.resi

Yes, it.s worth it.

29. When I come across a deal, sometimes I think too much and ask my friends. I'm starting to get over it! If its a very little risk (like this) it just makes sense. You could bring it home, find out its junk and part it out. You could bring it home, find something you like better and sell it. You could bring it home and find it to be the best thing you ever bought! All of those sound like fun and all those choices say bring it home! haha

GO GET IT!