Register now to get rid of these ads!

Now I Understand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greaser Bob, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

:( When from time to time I would read here of someone's loss of a loved one, I would quietly bow my head for a moment, and try to put myself in their place.
    Yesterday at 4:30 p.m., I got to experience this sadness first hand, as my mother, my light, my inspiration quietly passed away.
    With almost no tears or breath left at this moment, I give a nod to the countless others here who have braved this pain and say, now I see. And to my mother I say, "I'll always remember.......Thank you for it all."
    Your Loving Son,
    Robert Louis Alaniz

2. Sorry to hear this, I will pray for you and your family.

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

I spent the whole day with my Mom today, man, I really dread the day she leaves this Earth. Prayers for you and your family.

4. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

5. goodgarb

goodgarb
    from TACOMA,WA

Robert
    We lost my our Father five years ago this past September, sorry for your loss Brother.
    Mark

6. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Sorry for your loss. My family will pray for you

7. sorry for your loss, I know how it feels too

8. Sorry to hear of your loss. May she rest in eternal peace.

9. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Sorry for your loss. Wish you the best this holiday season.

10. Larjk9

Larjk9

Sincere condolences.

11. Sorry for your loss Robert, your post brought a tear to my eye. It will be two years on Monday since my hero, my Dad, passed away. I know the pain that you feel.

12. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

So sorry for your loss.

13. Thoughts and prayers from Montana

14. rotenjon

rotenjon

I lost my father 33 years ago, and my mother is almost 88. I sympathise with you, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

15. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Robert,

Sorry to hear the loss of your mother....Prayers going up for strength during your suffering...God Bless!

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn man, I am so very very sorry.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry for your loss Robert, I'll add you and your family to my prayers.

18. Sorry for your loss, especialy at this time of year and remember the good times so she can be around forever.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

I am so sorry to hear of your loss,... You will be in my prayers,...

I have found comfort in there words,.. 1Cor. 2:9

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

20. billygoat67

billygoat67

i know your pain first hand , i lost my mom 8 years ago and dad 3 years later.i was 35 when mom passed and i shure feel like i should have had alot more time with them. i cherish every memory and miss them daily.
    praying for you.

21. God bless you Robert, I pain for your loss. Losing Dad to cancer was the hardest time of my life,
    I don't even want to think about how much more difficult it will be to say good night to my mother
    for the last time. Gather your friends, family and loved ones and thank God for your mother and
    the blessing she has been to you all, reflecting on this season of the gift of life, rebirth and renewal,
    knowing that your H.A.M.B. brothers and sisters are with you in prayer.
    I'll bow my head for that moment of silence, now, in memory of you and your mom.

Mark

22. bcr466

bcr466

It is a sorrow no one can relate to unless they have been there. I lost my mom in 97 and my grandmother that raised me from 6 mo old in 99. I know your sorrow and that awful, awful emptyness and loneliness. Time will help but it will not heal that pain.
    Know you are not alone, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

23. big creep

big creep

i feel your pain! i lost my mother when i was 26! i will pray for you and your family.

24. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I know that pain,
    lost my mom in 95, and my dad in 07.
    Peace bro

25. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Your words and prayers are felt-never fails to amaze me the quality of people and sincereity here.
    Thank you folks.

26. Losing your parents is tough. My mom died way too early, at 63 in 1976, but my Dad hung around for about 30 years after that. It wasn't until his health started to fail that I started to ask him for stories about his younger years. Bear in mind that he was no mechanic, and never picked up a wrench to work on a car, but he was very good at what he did, which was financial stuff. So we had never talked much before the end. But what a mistake. The stories that came rolling out were wonderful to hear. Stories about working summers as a kid harvesting grain in Oregon where the farms were so big that you couldn't see the edges. Driving a '32 Ford truck around for the State of Oregon maintaining road signs and sleeping out along side the road because the per diem wasn't very much. Getting a Model T stuck fording a stream and cranking it by crawling out on the fender rather than get wet in the stream because he was going to church.
    All of these stories were just wonderful to hear. I know there were more, but I waited too long to ask. Don't do that if your parents are still alive.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  27. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'm sorry for your loss.

Doc.

28. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

I feel your pain.

lost my mum in 06, left a big hole in my life.

Stay strong things will get better

Keith

29. HotRod33

HotRod33

Sorry to hear about your Mom... I know the loss my Dad passed away two years ago today. Things will get better as time passes but I still miss Dad every day. Just remember to smile a little when you think about her.

30. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Sorry to hear of your loss of your dear mother. May you find some comfort from the words of the guys here at the HAMB.