Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thinking about trading projects..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punisher7, Dec 6, 2010.

1. punisher7

punisher7

OK so I finally get most everything together that I need to get my 4 door 60 Pontiac Catalina up and running and was recently asked if I would be interested in trading straight up for a 2 door 57 Plymouth Plaza with a 58 front clip.
    Catalina:
    is not running, but I have a motor trans that should be easy enough to get running. Not sure of the exact cost to get them running.
    The trunk is pretty well rotted out and needs a new trunk floor and some braces. The paint is in good shape for a daily driver, but not a color I am very fond of.
    The Plaza:
    has rebuilt brakes, needs a master cylinder.
    A running motor in it that smokes.
    A running motor out of it that doesnt smoke.
    A transmission that shifts at low speed. Hasn't been tested at higher speeds due to it needing a master cylinder.
    Body has very minimal rust, but needs a floor pan on the driver side.
    The paint is pretty faded.

I have looked up quite a bit about both cars and am kind of up in the air. I have easier acces to parts for the Plaza, and what needs to be replaced seems to be relatively inexpensive. And it is a 2 door. Both cars need an equal amount of interior work.

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Up to you.. sounds like the plaza would be easier for you..... plus you don't sound like you're attached to much to the cat!

3. punisher7

punisher7

I am not attached at all, just wondering what others think so I dont go and make a rash decision :)

4. Squablow

Squablow

I'm a huge whore for ForwardLook Mopars so I'd be all over that Plymouth. If you don't take it, could you let me know who has it? Maybe I could buy it or trade one of my projects for it. Is it a hardtop or post? '60 Pontiac is a cool car but the Plymouth is much, much cooler in my opinion.

5. punisher7

punisher7

It is a 2 door post. I am leaning towards the Plymouth. Its a cool lookin car, thats for sure. Wish it wasn't a post though. If I don't end up with it I will let you know. I will know for sure later this week. I am definately leaning towards the Plymouth though.

6. Spity

Spity

Am i reading this right? The guy wants to trade his 2 door for your 4 door?

When done the 2 door plymouth would be worth several times what a 4 door pontiac is worth.

Trade up, sell the plymouth. Buy something you really want.

7. Weasel

Weasel

Suddenly....

[​IMG]

8. punisher7

punisher7

I kinda figured in the end the 2 door is worth more, easier sell in the future.. I suppose there isnt really anything that would make sense to keep the 4 door. I think the only reason this guy wants to trade is because his dad had a 4 door catalina that was the same color as the one I have. Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

9. punisher7

punisher7

Thats a nice ride!

10. brad chevy

brad chevy

Go for the Mopar,sounds like the Pontiac is a real bad basket case.

11. My 2 cents:
    1. A running, driving project is much easier to get excited about than a non-running one.
    2. I have nothing against a 4-door, but a 2-door will always be easier to peddle in a pinch.
    3. I love '60 Poncho's, and if yours is a 4 door hardtop, I might think twice...maybe
      [*]A running, driving project is much easier to get excited about than a non-running one.

12. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

2 door 57 plymouth,:eek: your kidding right? I'd trade in heart beat.

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

14. punisher7

punisher7

It isn't a hard top, I am noticing a trend here :) I will be swapping out cars this weekend

15. Gator

Gator

4 door for a 2 door? Hell yeah...