Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this worth the $$

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIG-JIM, Dec 5, 2010.

1. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I found this on CL and was wondering if it was worth the money. This is what the add says.
    1931 Dodge pickup

"I am selling WITHOUT the motor and transmission ! No motor or trans will come with the car.

This unfinished project is here in Connecticut and there are no titles on this age of car. When registering here in CT, all that is needed is a genuine serial number tag which this still has.

Lots more to do, but still a decent project car. Stored indoors.

3" chop with 3.5" channel and still has plenty of room in the cab for taller drivers. Front floor not installed in case you want a different transmission. Car is set up for small block Mopar 340 with Torqueflight. Louvered cowl top and bed sides. Dodge tailgate, chopped/sectioned Dodge grille shell with Dodge emblem.

No pedals, seat, or column, but I will include a Vega steering box. No bed wood, no radiator core. It has 16" wheels. BLC headlights with top indicator lights.

This rod has a 1940 Ford front I beam axle and I will include a correct repro front spring to fit an aftermarket dropped axle if you want to install one."

Priced at $4500 WITHOUT motor or trans.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. No, I bought a certain Ford for not much more and it was running and driving.

3. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I don't think its over priced.

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

seems steep to me missing all those parts more like $2000 to $2500 depending how bad you want it

6. metal man

metal man

7. screwball

screwball

Theres some one out there that will pay that for it. If you want it go with what you can afford and take your best shot. They can only say no.

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I am no Ford expert, so pardon my likely ignorance, but isn't that a duece grill and shell? Or is that a truck version?

9. TV

TV

I wouldn't pay a dime more than 3 grand for it, and that is pushing it.--TV Yes, It is a truck shell.

10. trad27

trad27

That is what I thought, sure looks simular, the add says Dodge. I guess the goofy round part on bottom for the crank handle gives it away. And for the original poster yes I think it is a little high, But if it is what lifts you skirt and you can afford it only you can say what its worth to you.

11. milkmankael

milkmankael

I wouldn't pay that much, but I'm also super cheap. I also don't know about other states, but everytime I see an ad saying "no title, but it is easy to register" (or something along those lines) I become very leary. If it was so easy, why doesn't the seller do it?
    Kael

12. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Looks like a deal to me. I have a hemi that would look great in there.
    Whats the address?!

13. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Don't know.

14. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Thanks for all the quick replies guy's your opinions are much appreciated.

15. yeah 4500 sounds high.. but thats where ya start negoations at. but if its a solid builder with minimal rust its not stupid high.. but it comes down to if you want to spend that kind of money... if the chop is top notch and the fab work is done well you know you would spend alot more then 4500 on a lesser quality car and the work. so id say its in the "at least go look at it and see what happens" ball park as for the no title thing.. bonded insurance titles aren't that much.. i know mass went to a title state in the 60s-70s and I'd betcha CT was in that range too.. but thats nothing a trip to the dmv with the vin number can't figure out. that makes for a good negotiating point.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  16. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

A 3 inch cop and 3.5 channel is not going to have alot of room for tall drivers like it says Im 6' 2" and i have an unchopped and about 2 inch poorly channeled 32 cab and i have no extra leg room. its tight enough that i am undoing the channel

17. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Well I'm only 5'-8.5" But I am 322lbs:D

18. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Sounds pretty high to me too, but if it's a solid truck (no rotted out and scabbed back together RuttRoe style) It's probably worth it, especially if it has a title.

19. rusty28a

rusty28a

20. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

x2...

21. F&J

F&J

It's mine ;) it's got plenty of cab room. Come sit in it, but bring your seat...:D

No you can't have the motor; it's the high comp 340 forged crank with a 727 Torqueflight.

no inspection or title needed as you are from CT. It's in the hamb classifieds

22. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

now closer to the 2 thousand mark and I would be all over that. 4500 is just the wrong number for that thing in my opinion. But I am no expert. Nor am I rich.

23. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

x2:d

24. My 6'2" pal fit int eh Rocky33 just fine. All about ergonomics:rolleyes:

25. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

Tman some people can do it but i have long legs and a short torso my legs my knees eat the dash in a regular truck so these small cabs are a tight fit for me. Like putting gumbi into a match box

26. You gotta get rid of the 45 degree toeboard. 28-34 trucks are tight for me at 5'9" in stock form, lose the toeboard and it is a whole different ballgame.

27. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Just make sure your belly clears the steering wheel

28. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Forget the truck, if you are 5 8 and weight 322 spend the on a gym. man you are a walking heart attack.

29. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

You don't need a DMV inspection in CT, All you need to do is go to a car dealership that does VIN verifications. Think its 20$ if my memory is right. They just look at the VIN plate and the numbers stamped on the frame. Just be carefull some garages get up tight when bringing in a t-bucket or a real modified car. They want to call it a composite and will turn you away. While a resto guy has less grief.

30. big bad john

big bad john

........You need to get a sedan.........at 322 ......only a few cars will work for you...........If you buy this truck....spend a lot money to finish it........then you can't get in it......Good luck