Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Has anyone used the TCI spring kit for a 1936 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadsterpilot, Dec 4, 2010.

1. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Im getting ready to install a TCI parallel leaf kit under the 36 ford Im working on. Cant find any pictures of the install. Any info form someone thats used their kit would be a great headsup before I start.

I will try to take pictures as I go for future reference for anyone elase.

Thanks RP

2. the TCI kit uses the same springs as the Chassis Engineering kit. i have used the CE kit many times and have always been happy. years back , on a `35 ford sedan i used the CE brackets with TCI springs and it was just fine

3. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have installed several sets of the TCI and CE kits. Each kit contains an instruction sheet that makes it easy. If you don't have one call them and they will send you one. The CE springs are the same length and width 47 1/2 x 2 1/2 but use sliders to improve the flex. I found the TCI units to be very bouncy but I like their frame brackets better.

Attached Files:

• tci1.jpg
      tci1.jpg
      File size:
      48.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Roothawg

Roothawg

5. I installed one on a 35 ford last spring. Was very happy with the kit, bolts together real easy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

How does it sit? With the CE kit, you have to use the lowering blocks. I am trying to avoid that.

7. It does sit high, and will need blocks to level it out.
    Don't mind the rest of the truck, all I did was put the springs in the back, honest!
    [​IMG]

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Wow, that does sit high.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Does anyone make a pickup specific set of leafs for the lighter spring rates?

10. kelgar50

kelgar50
    from socal

I'm using the kit from weedeter(sp?) On my 39 ford sedan. Its a bolt in setup and mounts the springs inboard so the rear of the car will sit lower and not need any blocks. Real nice kit easy to install.

11. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've used both CE and weedetr on several 40's prefer weedetr-easy install, ride nice and no blocks

12. there was a post about spring bind on a '35 with a parallel leaf kit. i believe any of the kit's that are bolted under the frame sit too high. i bought a kit from a local vendor and it sits high, from that post the real cure it to de arch the springs.

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

I contacted them today via email , maybe I'll hear from this coming week.
    Their website sucks. Just in case you are looking for the catalog, it's in the cart section.:confused:

They need some Atomic Industry influence.

Sorry I hijacked your thread RP. :(

14. 55chevr

55chevr

used the CE leaf springs on a 40 ford ... fit right and worked perfectly ... perchs mated to a Versaille 9" rear ... recommend it highly

15. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Thanks for all the help. I started putting it together today, went on without a hitch, really easy and the perch pads on the 8inch ford matched. I was going to use a weedeater, I believe Roger Hart makes those kits, but I wasnt sure if they were still in business. The weedeater looks better with the spring inboard because you dont see the shackles from the rear. Overall Im happy with the TCI it was really easy to setup.

The only real trouble was getting drill bits that could handle Ol Henry,s steel, damn thats some hard stuff, and shitty bits.

Thanks RP

16. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

thats what i put on my 36 three window it it sits lower then that tci kit

17. CHOP36

CHOP36

I used a CE kit on my 36 back in 1985 when i put a Nova rear in .I think it used Dodge van springs, went in with no problems ,sits and rides great.

18. lowrider49

lowrider49

hey,im building a 35 5 window,what i used for rear springs were 57 ford car springs dearched down to 1 inch of arch.built my own front mounts,used the 57 hangers in the rear and used the 57 9" diff. it works great and i dont need lowering blocks.the width of the diff and the width and lenth of the springs were bang on.i dont know how hard 57 fords are to find where your at but i can find them all day round here still!