Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pat Ganahl Book Available

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pgan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. 30panel

30panel

Your new book is great, nice to meet you and thanks for signing my copy.
    I've missed to many of your publications so I have a long way to go but I'll catch up.
    Thanks again

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Pat, It's Nice to have you aboard the HAMB.

(ordered my copy thru amazon)

I loved reading the story of the American Graffiti 58 Impala.

Can you imagine leaving the theater when the movie let out and somebodies cruising main street in the exact car you just saw on the big screen?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My wife is always looking for ideas for gifts for me. Something tells me Santa will bring a copy. BTW, I know whre Santa hides stuff so undoubtedly I'll get a sneak preview before the 25th.:cool:

Frank

4. CruZer

CruZer

It's on my Christmas list,Mr.G. ( the guy who lives just east of Albany,NY :) )

5. oldstriper

oldstriper
    Member Emeritus

I see that according to Ganahl... Bruce Geisler drove the Ayala pick-up "into the ground". Bruce didn't like that much, if it weren't for him it would still be in that New Mexico wrecking yard.... but some of the story is correct.

6. tinmann

tinmann

As I live and breath, Pat Ganahl using a computer AND the interweb-net!!!

I have always enjoyed your writing Pat. I look forward to getting my eyes on this book.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think that is the only book in my library that I read every day until I had finished the whole thing. good stuff.

8. Pat,
    I got my copy here in New Zealand yesterday and havent been able to put it down.
    I have always enjoyed your writing style. I have all the magazines you have written in and really enjoyed your era when you bought back R&C.
    Your talent fits like a glove with the photography of Steve Coonan - and like others above I have the complete set of The Rodders Journal.
    I eagerly awaited this new book, I have your Roth & Dutch books and I knew that this new book would be excellent - and it sure is.
    Thanks for all you have done - it has touched us from all over the world
    Greg Stokes
    New Zealand

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got a copy as a late Christmas present from my sister. Haven't had a chance to read it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

10. Karrera

Karrera

I saw Pat's book at a Barnes and Noble in Fort Worth while I was there on a business trip two weeks ago. I picked it up and flipped through it and thought I need to buy this book - its pretty neat - but then I thought I'd wait until I got back to Atlanta to get it. The next day Pat called me to talk about putting my car in Volume 2 of Lost Hot Rods. I took that as a sign of some sort and went back to B&N that evening to buy it - Pat's high pressure sales technique worked real well. Anyway - its a great book (like most of his work) and I'm enjoying the stories. I highly recommend it to all my fellow HAMBers.

Pat said that when he compiled the material for this book he wound up with enough to get a good start on a second volume so we have another book to look forward to next year.

11. AdeQ8Styl

AdeQ8Styl
    from TEXAS!

A copy just got dropped off USPS by way of Amazon. It was in the recommended list when I ordered Tex Smiths 'How To Chop Tops.' Great book! I only got to flip through it breifly, but looking forward to really gettin into it. Thanks Pat for putting such an awesome piece together.

12. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Looks like a cool book? It's great he's pitching it to us HAMBers.
    Shame Pat doesn't climb on here and share a few (more) reflections,tips,pics,ideas,opinions...
    That'd be interesting?