Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Speedchangesyou,
    Thanks for the kind words....Like your LS motored ride! My 6.0 keeps on rolling along!

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Back in the 60's there was no shortage of places to cruise in Portland, Or. It just depended on whether you cruised to pick up chicks, or set up a race.
    We cruised downtown on Broadway for socializing, and for eating/cruising it was Yaw's in NE Portland, Scotty's Drive-in on Sandy Blvd. or the Speck on 50th and Powell.
    If you wanted to get a good race going you cruised 82nd Ave. as that's where most the serious races took place, or were set up. Some great racing at Delta Park long before it was a legitimate drag strip. Every Tues. night until the cops showed up and told us to break it up and go home! :)

3. May Co. Mall in N. H'lywd was hugely popular on Fri-Sat nights

4. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

I used to cruise Denver in the late 70's.. Went to Scotchman Drive in and had a pic of my car on the wall inside....71 Mustang grande with Halibrands and a an orange body with flames....And a leather top not vinyl real leather dyed a deep chocolate brown....with Shelby style header and side pipes...

5. Slicks

Slicks
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from denison tx

Main and 2nd streets roswell new mexico

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Well my best friend Mike & I cruised Liberty Rd , Reistertown Rd , Rt 40 in Catonsville , Marrriottsville Rd and all the side streets that we could find the women on ! We drove around in my 69 Dodge Super Bee drinking Budweiser and listening to Led Zeppelin ! Had some street racing along the way as well and ran across some lonely women in their cars too !
    This was all in Baltimore County , MD. We also went into Balto. City because the brothers couldn't tell how old we really were so we go served that way then got the hell out of that bar ! We used to all go to the Drive-in on Saturday evening either at the RT 40 drive in or the Glen Burnie drive in
    Those were the best times !

Retro Jim

7. apound

apound

Wesley street Greenville Texas late 70s in a 68 Camaro.

8. 69tincanfairlane

69tincanfairlane
    from UYA

HWY hunert, or formally known as South 108th Street in West Allis, Wisconsin... I cruised it mid to late 1980's. Cops really put the kibash on cruising since then. Nothing now days but a few brave ricers and boom cars.

I heard Capitol Drive was the cruise spot of the 50's and 60's... Kits Drive-in is still there... neighborhood isn't what it used to be though.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  9. peddlr

peddlr

in the late 70s cruised the mo in Queenstown and jr hot shoppes in Bladensburg. Then moved to Texas where we cruised Dirtys to Top Notch to 6th street and back in Austin

10. The Sting

The Sting

Harbor Blvd to Whittier Blvd. in North Orange County California. In a 1965 Chevelle SS At least a tank a night. 35 cents a gallon!

11. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

Rt. 6 in Bristol ct. I had a Manx dune buggy with 40'' tires in rear and 36'' in front. It yanked some nice wheelies, alot of fun..... Till I got bagged for reckless driving, (falsely acused)..and sent through inspection.

12. Preston Hwy, Louisville Ky. Mid 80''s when everybody was running tuners and S-10 I was out there ripping man holes out of the ground in my 68 Caddy

13. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Main street, Preston ,Idaho and State Street, Logan Utah and State Strret Salt Lake City

Mostly Main in Preston, had a 56 Chev 210 with a 327, munice 4 speed and a 9 inch.

Turn around at the Polar Bear on the south end of town and the Double Kwik at the north end.

14. Right on! For me it was 1963 with older guys who had a car up until about 1972 when I got married and moved to Seattle. Midnight blue 4-spd 1958 Impala, Red 1940 Ford Gasser, 1955 Chevy Gasser, 23 T bucket.

15. I think I remember that car. I was there in a primered 48 anglia or a black 50 ford.

16. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

In the late 60's & early 70's. Cruised Lake Street in Minneapolis. Porky's east to Porky's West & a little racing in the HyLake Shopping center across from Porky's East.

17. ken bogren

ken bogren

Early to mid 60's Lake St in Minneapolis, east to west from Porky's to Porky's and back again, as long as we still had enough gas to get home at the end of the night.

18. GEORGE TAYLOR

GEORGE TAYLOR
    from MAINE

research parkway meriden conn., east side mcdonalds
    oh yeah!

19. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Circa 1977-78-79

Drive 6 mile to Troy, Ohio.
    Troy, Ohio: Main Street and Market Street.
    Drive 8 miles to Piqua, Ohio
    Piqua, Ohio: Ash & Water Streets and Covington Avenue
    Drive 22 miles to Greenville, Ohio,
    Greenville, Ohio: Main Street
    Drive 16 miles back to home at around 1:00 am
    When you live out "in the sticks" there's a lot of transit time. :D

20. jeepfink

jeepfink
    from So Cal

Ahhh, the good old days...
    Market st in Riverside
    Whittier Blvd
    those were for crusin'

Nabisco , Mission and the old road were for street racing!

21. aircoup

aircoup

fourth st , santa rosa ca ,in all different kinds of rides

22. Elm street manchester nh

23. harp

harp

bet nobody cruised "wyatt earp" blvd. in dodge city, kansas !!! custom trick 69 lemans, .5o $ gas , fake id, life was good!!!!

24. harp

harp

almost forgot about the cold coors beer in the drivers side rear fender vent, just crack the door open , remove vent, reach inside, grab beer, close door, drive on!!! held about 8 beers i think.

25. Hawthorn Blvd. from the A&W to the Witch Stand and everywhere in between. In my51 Chevy from the 50's untill 1966, then Viet Nam and it was never the same again, to bad! Rags

26. John Stimac

John Stimac

I'm one of Joe's Dads buddys, I cruised the Ave--- 1959 thru1963 in a 37nFord coupe with a 276 59L flathead
    Stimac

27. hemiboy

hemiboy

Cruised 4th and Court, Pasco, WA., in the late sixties and early to mid-seventies. Picked up races, fights and girls at the A & W. Raced on North Glade and Rd 68. Still have the car!!

28. walter

walter

Main Street Arapahoe Nebraska, 19 cent gas, 59 Ford more door (not cool), $1.25 per six pac Storz beer, 20 cent a pac Chesterfeild King smokes 1970-1972

29. wwtps1

wwtps1

Washington Avenue in Newport, WA. and then to Priest River Idaho which is 7 miles from Newport in my 50 Studebaker Starlight coupe.

30. espo35

espo35
    BANNED
    from california

1st St. in San Jose Cal. 1975-1979