Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cole's Biker Build off, March 1st...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 'Flyin' Dutchman', Feb 24, 2005.

1. Hey,

Just wanted to ask... Is there any HAMBer who could do me a favour and record the episode of the CF vs. Hank Young BBO (March 1st) on dvd, and ship it to me in Europe..?

Don't worry, I'll pay for the dvd and shipping...

It doesn't matter that it's NTSC and not PAL... My dvd player plays both...

Thanks in advance!

Maurice

2. sorry, cannot record on DVD, but I saw clips of the upcoming show and Coles Bike looks so fucking cool. I already know Joshs bike is tops, but I have never seen Coles as he kept it under tight wraps..

3. Was he competing against J. Mills or Hank Young..?

I can't wait to see it!

4. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Maurice,
    I'd be very thankful if you could forward a copy to me just in case you will get one.I believe this build off is VERY interesting as its feature two of my favorite bike builders.I REALLY would like to see it !!!
    If there is anybody else out there PLEASE do us the favor ! It means a lot to me.Like Maurice already mentioned,at our own costs of course.Thank you !!!

5. Frenz, no problem.. I'll make you an extra copy if I can get one through the HAMB...

6. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

dvd?

is he assuming that all americans have Tivo (the digital tv recorder)

that' s about the only way to put t.v shows on dvd. or a 900 dollar tv dvd recorder.

7. tred

tred

i have tivo, how do i re-record onto a dvd?

8. Mutt

Mutt

I can record it for you. PM me your information. My recorder is the DVD- format.

Mutt

9. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

never seen tivo up close, but since it's digital, there has to be some kind of outputs/inputs

l'm sure there's a "s-video" input that most new video cards on you computer can "capture" it during playback.

then with the saved file, you can use a dvd encoding program like "Nero" to make a dvd that will play back on dvd players.

i bet tivo might even have fire-wire or New generation USB connection that your computer can also "capture" a video file during playback.

just like when you play back a digital video camera on your computer, and save as a file. same exact thing.

10. Jey

Jey

read this link How To: TiVo To DVD

11. Jey

Jey

tivo has a hard drive in it, no reason to play it back to anything. It's just a data transfer. like swaping a picture via email.

12. Jey

Jey

DVD recorders for home use in a general home entertainment system are about 280.00 dollars give or take. Sure you can spend 900 dollars on one, but , you won't really need it. This is the one i bought for my parents for christmas, works great!

look at circuit city's website, they've even got them for the 179.99 dollar range now, with out a VCR in them. 179.99!

13. good point. I had always thought that Hank and Josh built it together. hmmm
    Isnt the bike that goes against Cole the one they always post on The Fuck board? It seems to me they always call it Josh's bike maybe I am thinking of 2 different bikes.

14. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

yeah i know, but i mean how do you transfer the saved data to a dvd recorder?

i was assuming he had to put it on his computer to record it as a dvd.

a dvd recorder on a computer is about 80 dollars, I hope you guys are getting suckered into buying dvd recoders that hook up to your t.v. that are over 500.

so how do you get the hard drive data on your Tivo to a computer?

15. Jey

Jey

eithernet connection.

i posted the hack up there ^^^^^^^

there's also TiVoToGo which is their serivce, which lets you burn to your dvd as well (http://www.tivo.com/4.9.19.asp)

and the home dvd burners for your TV are 179.99 now, as i posted above, so that's not too bad.

For the PC you can get them for as cheap as 40 bucks.

When i bought my first DVD burner, i was paying 14.99 per BLANK dvd. it sucked.

16. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

oh i see, i did not know that t.v. dvd recoders came down to around 200, that's not too bad.

right on!! thanks for letting me know.

17. Jey

Jey

n.p wait a few months if you're going to plan on buying anything.

dual layer double sided disks should be consumer products in the coming months.

going for 4.3 gigs per disk to 23.1 gigs.

18. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

yeah, i already thought of that when i bought my dvd recoder on my computer.

that's why it was 80 bucks, best price on a dvd recoder that can also burn dual layer.

I'm kinda pissed that dual layer discs cost 10 dollars right now.

because i record alot of movies and the new ones are on 8.5 g's. so when i encode, it takes a freaking hour to encode and compress it.

with the new 8.5 discs, it would only take me 15 minutes to rip and burn a dvd from good old block buster,

19. Mutt

Mutt

Nice hijack of the post....:mad:

Maurice, as I said before, I can record it for you. PM me your info. I may put it on tape so that I can make multiple copies if necessary.

Mutt

20. plmczy

plmczy

I think my brain just turned to mush:D. Can't wait to see this buildoff, should be pretty good. later shawn

21. james

james

Okay, so wait a minute, I turn the tv on, check. Turn on the cable box thingy, check. Uh, what all else were you saying? :eek: :eek:

22. Jey

Jey

cable box, what's that?

23. RF

RF

PMs...they're called PMs.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Josh's bike and the jerkoff bike are two different bikes. Anyway, Cole's softail is badass, especially considering that he really obided by the short timeframe he was given.

24. Young's Choppers "evolved" from Joe Smith's Hotrods, Hank recently sold Joe Smith's, and Josh stayed with the hotrod shop. I am by no means an "insider" but from what I can tell Hank and Josh have pretty equal tallent and creativity. The 2nd Biker Buildoff bike is under wraps untill the show airs by orders of Discovery channel. I have seen it and I can say it is BAD ASS! I wont give away the ending though;) .

25. Well if anyone would know it would be you.. I said "maybe I am thinking of 2 different bikes", now I see I was confused.. See I dont know what I am talking about, but still should be a good show..

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I could dump it to a file that you can watch on your computer pretty easy if that helps.

27. Stone

Stone

I can't wait for this buildoff.I like the young style of bikes.But everyone knows that Cole is the man.I may buy a VCR just for this one.

28. I get all the discovery shows off the P2P networks, I'm sure that episode will show up there a few days later and be on my HD the next, fast and for free.