Register now to get rid of these ads!

I beam axle w/ chevy spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by op4wd1, Dec 3, 2010.

1. op4wd1

op4wd1
    from IN

Does any company make an I beam style front axle with Chevy spindles 49-54 style?

2. ratfink56

ratfink56

chevy truck axle can be converted to 49-54 car spindles and brakes

3. I've looked myself and I can only find tube axles.

4. timothale

timothale

What's the goal ? a parallel 2 spring axle or ford type for chevy spindles, years ago I put Gm (olds) spindles on a ford I beam to get bigger self energizing brakes and match the 4.56 olds rear , New bushings in the spindles then reamed to fit the Ford king pins, then bent the axle to set the camber. on chevy 1/2 ton's You usually don't have to change the spindles , just use the car 5 bolt hubs.

5. 69fury

69fury

do you guys know the year breaks this can be done? I've got a later chevy cabovervan (G10) from 65 (half ton i believe). I'd love to get more spindle options for correcting drag link clearance,etc...

-rick

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Timothale is correct.
    Cars have a different king pin inclination, so just use the backing plates and brakes unless you want to bend it to correct camber. The more desirable car brakes are 51 and up. 49 - 50 are huck

7. Anything can be made to fit if you want it to. I have 49-54 Chevy spindles on my 31 Ford A axle. I have run this setup for 3 years now but do plan on putting in the 47 Ford axle and spindles this winter.