Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where are the touring cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rex1927, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I have just noticed that I rarely see a touring car any more.Wonder where they are?:confused:
    I may try a 27T touring for my next project ,if I can find a decent body.I havent even seen one in a long time.

2. Try the search? under............uh touring?

3. rfrontenac

rfrontenac

hey tman your a dick shiner.if you cant be cool stay off

4. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I've been looking for a new signature!

5. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

[​IMG]

Uh oh...

Calling people "dick shiners" will get you no where

6. Whoa.... FNG number 113,441 weighs in...

7. Wow !

8. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

I haven't laughed this hard in months

There's one FNG that won't make a newb!

9. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Hey noob, judging by your five posts and the fact that you missed tmans 2 links to already existing threads, it leads me to believe that you've spent the last fifteen years shining your own crank, that thing must be HIGH lustre by now, let's try looking before we leap right into the pants of veteran members okay?

10. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

P.S. Is your name Janet?

11. rfrontenac

rfrontenac

get what your saying but the whole putting people down thing to gloss yourself is bs and i dont care how long youve been staring at you screen

12. I like Shiner Bock but that is as close as it gets. And, I don't stare, I tend to melt things with my "Blue Steel" gaze.

13. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

Oh, rfrontenac, you haven't posted an intro yet, it is on the forum rules, after all. :D

And don't call people dick shiners either. Tman is sarcastic, sure, but he did have a valid point, and he didn't deserve that response.

Just relax,

Breathe in,

And Exhale

Adam

14. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

So if I think someone is putting somebody down, I should call them a dick-shiner?............got it. unless I'm miss reading it. Maybe there was a man who had a bad reputation for insulting people who didn't bother to read rules and edicate of message board usage and his name was Dick Shiner? "Mr Richard Shiner the man with no patience for lazy people."

15. TERPU

TERPU

Well I know what's a Dickfer, Dickshiner's are valuable but you Sir are just a plain Dickhead, hahahahahah. Love the response Dave I almost spit on my Keyboard.

PS here's a Touring on duty Touring Newbie and welcome to the HAMB.

[​IMG]

Tim

16. rfrontenac

rfrontenac

sorry my roddin brothers I guess I was being a shiner my self .and as ironfly 28 said Iam Mr Richard Shiner sorry t man

17. Some pics saved from the HAMB to get this thread on topic again.

Attached Files:

• XXX.jpg
      XXX.jpg
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views:
    • GV.jpg
      GV.jpg
      File size:
      94.1 KB
      Views:
    • LOW.jpg
      LOW.jpg
      File size:
      75.5 KB
      Views:
  18. Jax2A

Jax2A

Don't have any pics of mine, mainly because it's still in pieces but I have 27 T touring. Which makes me think and hi-jack the thread I guess... but how can you tell the difference between a 26 and a 27T touring if I only have the body to go by?

19. spooler41

spooler41

Difference between 26 and 27 ?. pretty much struck from the same dies. I've never been able to tell the difference.

..............Jack

20. alchemy

alchemy

A month ago I bought a pile of '27 touring parts to use on my cuttoff modified, but I have enough leftovers that they actually still resemble a touring. I think I may build one some day. Highboy, on a '32 frame, ala Archie and Jughead. Anybody got any good windshield posts?

21. I searched for ever for the two posts for that blue tub pictured above. They are hard to find at times. For my brothers 27 we are going to use GM posts, look similar but are square shaped. I seem to find them easier!?

22. trmel3

trmel3
    from new jersey

also useing chevy post on my 16 stude. they are easyier to come buy for some reason

23. alchemy

alchemy

I have a set of Chevy posts and frames for the modified, but would want real Ford stuff for the touring. I'll just keep looking. It may be a few years (decades) before I get to it.

24. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I've been wanting to build a touring or cut up tudor sedan... Something with full fenders that can seat four normal humans with ease...

25. rotten egg

rotten egg

Doesn't make him a bad person...

26. I will keep my eyes open for you. BTW, got the dash insert polished up. Have not decided on the center yet. Will post pics on your thread.

27. I have a '27 ( I think ) roadster. I have been told that the doors are different between the two years. The holes on the inside panels are smaller on the '26s. There may be other differences of which I am unaware.

Regarding the windshields, it is funny, I have two complete windshields from '27 Chevy roadsters that I picked up on my search for T stuff. I don't think I have ever even seen a '27 Chevy roadster. I guess the windshields were the only thing that survived :).