Register now to get rid of these ads!

Olds engine color ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elroots33, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Does someone of you could tell me what is the color reference of an Olds 330ci engine ?
    It's a sort of yellow gold, surely typical to the 330 and which allows to know quickly what type of engine it is.
    Thanks

2. I dunno my 394 is sort of orange with black rocker covers. But it has some paint chipped off and its metalic blue under the orange.

Most old engines at least here in the states fall prey to whoever has a rattle can and what ever is popular at the time.

You are better off to check the casting numbers if you want to know what you have.

3. Super442s

Super442s

I would call the gold used on 64-67 330's as more of a greenish gold than a bright yellow gold. Are you trying to determine if you have a 330?

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

5. gold or brozne or what ever color you want it to be.

6. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Some of the auto parts places sell OLDS GOLD in a spray can that is pretty close. I like it a lot, its a nice engine color.

7. dbradley

dbradley

8. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Gold is SB engines til 77 , then it went to ferry blue like the rest of GM ,
    Bronze was for the 65-69 442 400 motors,
    NAPA has a gold that is close enough, kind of bright but works good enough . I'm going to do my Ford FE in that color too ; )

9. Thanks to all, and particularly to dbradley ! I found in the Hirsch website exactly what I'm looking for !