Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Is it just me, or is there a lack of Austin coverage this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36tbird, Nov 19, 2010.

1. 36tbird

36tbird

Seems to me, an average HAMB observer, that there is a lack of coverage on this weekend's event in Austin. Could it be that snobbery has prevailed here and people are not asking about what is going on or that others have perceived the same affront?

I ask this question because a very close friend of mine sought to be part of this event, but he was turned down because his flathead powered roadster had big rear tires and disc brakes on his frontend. Has the event turned into a snobbery issue? I'm just asking because I thought at first that it was a really cool venue for hot rods here in the central part of TEXAS this time of year but there ain't a lot of coverage on the event that I can find on this forum.

Thanks, all, Lou

2. BLAKE

BLAKE

Are you asking about HAMB coverage of this weekend's Hot Rod Revolution, or are you trying to understand why your buddy's car was not allowed to register...?

Coverage is here - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=10603

Registration criteria is a separate issue.

3. Yeah, I was looking for some good pictures of cars at tomorrows show today!

4. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I also haven't seen any coverage about it until this morning. Have I missed something? You would have thought it would have been written up every day for the last few months anyway. And pre. 48 Does that mean my 48 Ford is not welcome?

5. The Revolution always has its own sub-forum even;)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

6. BLAKE

BLAKE

From the front page of the Jalopy Journal article -

"The Revolution is a pre-register only show, so if your car isn’t pre-registered then I’m afraid you are too late. However, spectators in the bunches are hoped for. It will be $10 at the gate to get in and you will be welcomed by a fine display of pre-48 traditional hot rods and some killer music."

7. Diehard32

Diehard32

I'm not registered, but I'm cruising in for the love of the open road. Definitely thought I'd hear more from the locals. Who,s driving to Austin?

8. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

That is 47 and earlier vehicles? I never understood that. The new models after the war started in 49. I'm not trying to be an ass just a pet peeve.

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

hahaha!

10. 36tbird

36tbird

Still seems to me it was pretty quiet. I know of one case of snobbery, maybe there were others and it bit some on the butt. Just sayin.....

11. Lets see photos of your buddys car. HRP

12. -Brent-

-Brent-

13. 36tbird

36tbird

"Seems to me you're trying to drum up something..."
    Brent, you're right, I was.;)

14. BCR

BCR

Posted this one day before the show. I saw this when you posted it and thought WTF!!! how can you have show coverage before the show?

So the above post^^^^^^^^^^ what were you trying to drum up?

But then I remembered, sometimes I don't know what day of the week it is either!

15. CarGar

CarGar

I found it curious that it wasn't on the calendar. Missing something on the H.A.M.B. is pretty easy because of the high traffic volume. Stuff gets shuttled to Page 2 (and beyond) pretty quickly. I guess the in crowd knows about these things. I'd ask how to get into the in crowd but then I'd demonstrate that I'll never be worthy. Oh, well.

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

17. BCR

BCR

Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the "out" crowd. :D

I'm a lifetime member!

18. BCR

BCR

Paul, hand over the lotto numbers right now!

19. 36tbird

36tbird

"I'd ask how to get into the in crowd but then I'd demonstrate that I'll never be worthy. Oh, well"
    CarGar. a fng, hit upon what I am trying to relate here.:p