Register now to get rid of these ads!

First Build First Car

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by shadowmtkustomz, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Hi, my names Vince. Im building my first car, a 1950 Dodge Coronet. Bought from the original owner. Sitting since '79, it has 73,000 miles on the flathead six. Its a little rough and doesn't run, but shoud be fun when its finished. Its unique, too, not many Mopars at the shows. Rebuilding the brakes right now so I can pull the motor for a rebuild, going to keep it mostly stock on the inside. Going to shave the chrome, smooth it all out, and slam it. I've got the chrome off the car if anyones interested, most in good condition, some might need a little straightening. My goal is to finish for my senior year. Even though Im only sixteen, I know that I want to build cars for the rest of my life. Drop me a line and tell me want you think...

2. Damn, nice looking project. Sounds like your off to a good start. Keep it simple, learn as you go.Welcome to the mess, plenty of Mopar guys here for guidance.-MIKE;)

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes, great looking one to start your addiction on.
    Welcome!

4. Shaggy's Dad

Shaggy's Dad

Welcome to the board.

Check out PLYDO in West VA for disc brake kits, lowered spindles, motor mounts for SBC or SB MOpar. My 16 y/o son and I are street rodding a 40 Dodge, starting with brakes, rack and pinion and new powertrain.

5. Welcome, that is one hell of a ride to start out with. Good luck with it.

6. robster

robster

I think it's damn cool.....thanks for the photos and welcome to the HAMB