Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Lobeck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saucerhead, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

When it comes to HOT RODS, Lobeck builds some of the very finest.

My best thoughts from the valley of the sun.....

2. jangleguy

jangleguy

We worked a lot of shows together over the years (I worked for another company, but we often displayed near each other). I saw him take the high road a few times, when lesser men may have faltered. That's enough for me to wish him a speedy recovery - nail it, Barry!

3. hemifarris

hemifarris

I pray he hangs in there as long and as pain free as possible. My friend Bruce Elmer, and I plan on going to Barry's house after Christmas.......God willing. God Bless you Barry....Mike Farris

4. Praying for him! Hot Roding is not ready to give him up!

5. I've known Barry for many years, you won't meet a nicer guy . my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

6. John in Oz

John in Oz

Best wishes to Barry and we hope he is able to make a speedy recovery.

7. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

WOW! Sorry to hear that Barry is down. I've known him for several years and have always enjoyed talking to him. Hope he makes a full and strong recovery.

8. Prayers out to Barry,one fine Hot rod builder hope you get better soon.

9. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have been a Lobeck fan since I first met him in the 70's. I have always thought he had the touch and eye for a true Hot Rod build. He is one of the best in the business. I wish him a speedy recovery and all my prayers will be for him.
    Lynn

10. Old Fart 1941

Old Fart 1941
    from Oswego IL

Our prayers are with you. God bless.

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

1st met Barry when he worked for IH and moved from Ft Wayne to Springfield. He wasn't a shy guy. I loved his 40 coupe. Best wishes

12. Spork!

Spork!

As a kid reading R&C, I was a big fan of his work.

Sometime in the 80's I met Barry and Ginny at NSRA Nats and bought parts from them. They were always very nice.

I think it was 86 (?) at the NRSA Nats in Columbus we saw them again and said hello. They said to stop by their shop on the way home so we did. Not only did Barry stop what he was doing in the middle of a work day to give us a tour of the shop, he jumped in one of his cars and took us on a tour of Cleveland's to checkout a bunch of cool local cars and rodders.

We ended up taking an extra day for the trip but it was a very memorable experience. Thank you Barry for making a young hot rodder feel like a part of the "cool kids" club! My sincere prayers go out to you sir.

13. I first met Barry nearly 20 years ago, he loves a laugh and has one of the best eyes in the hobby. Best wishes from me.

14. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My thoughts and prayers for healing and comfort go out to Barry, his family and friends. For those of you who may not remember it, here's a shot of his '40 coupe, taken at the '74 Street Rod Nats in St. Paul...

Attached Files:

15. sticher

sticher
    from Illinois

Our prayers and a speedy recovery for ya barry

16. My thought go out to a really great "Character" and his family Super nice guy!

Tim

17. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I remember seeing Barry's 40 in Gatlinburg in the 70's.I loved his black 32 sedan i saw at the Cincy Rod Run in the 70's i believe.He has always said hi to me and i almost went to work for him when he was in Springfield.Hope ya get better Barry i will say a prayer for ya.

18. I striped a red and righteous 32 roadster in Austin a while back. The owner did not have to tell me who built the car...A Barry Lobeck car. I know the "Lobeck Look" when I see it.

Hang in there man, we all here in Texas thinkin' 'bout ya'll.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Prayers and best wishes going out.

20. Been a Lobeck fan and friend since the 70,s. Me and some of the Bay Area Hot Rod boys are going up next Wednesday to see him. Please keep him and Ginny in your prayers.

21. Never met Mr Lobeck but have loved 'the look' for many years and had heard many stories of his fun character and willingness to inspire and help others , thoughts are with you and Ginny at this tough time , God Bless .

Greg

22. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Just spoke to a good friend who went to see Barry yesterday and spent the day with him at the shop and home and share the new "Deuce" book together. He is resting and taking each day as it comes with Ginny and the family. Our thoughts and prayer are with him and the family.

Here is shot from 2010 Nats with one of his 32's built for Bud Ford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  23. Never met the man but give him my best - our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family - get well soon!!

24. vert1940

vert1940

my dad and barry's dad,fred, worked at the phone company together.
    on saturday's many years ago i would go to springfield and meet the springfield gang at bill's rod and custom and go out to lunch with them.they teased the crap out of barry back them,but those were some really good times
    prayers to you and ginny

25. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

just got back home from a nice visit with barry. he is very weak and was a little bit more chipper today than last week when we were there. 1 day at a time i guess. he did get a hospital bed while we were there and loved it. a lot more comfortable for him. we asked him what he wanted for lunch and believe it or not- how about beer and wings. i told him he'll pay for it tomorrow.typical lobeck"oh well" he looked great -he's hangin in there-good visit,will be back next week-cant wait!!

26. sota

sota

I have you in my thoughts old friend! get well

27. 57belair

57belair
    Member Emeritus
    from Michigan

Barry,
    It was my pleasure to meet you at the
    BILLITT Show in Ypsilanti last spring.
    Wish I would have spent more time talking
    to you.
    Best wishes to you, and good luck.
    Dave Jenkins

28. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

met Barry a few years ago when I went to buy a chassis from him.

Great guy, he gave me some great advice that I have always been grateful for.

My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Martyn

29. Thoughts and prayers for a good recovery, Barry

30. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Barry my thoughts and prayers are with you. Many have tried, but few give a Duece the look you, and you alone, are responsable for. Jim M