Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser Gang of WNY Race series web site

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LZ, Nov 28, 2010.

1. LZ

LZ

Howdy all:
    I just received this in an Email yesterday...for your consideration.

http://www.gasserracingseries.com/

Nice site and great for our area. The Gold Cups come back to Empire yay.
    If I could find a reasonable body , the drive line would be out of my Sons car for him to race this.:cool:

Good luck to all in the 2011 season and Happy Thanksgiving
    Luke

2. we will see you a few times Luke..
    Looking forward to 2011.

Rick

3. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Wish you guys were closer

4. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

5. I hope to be out there next year with a car, although I got only a black screen on the link.

edit: link is working now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  6. pro85fiero

pro85fiero
    BANNED

I'll be there!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Same here...

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

EDIT - Now it's working...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  8. ardyboy

ardyboy

we'll be there

Attached Files:

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I was just on the link and everything worked out fine .
    I always wanted to build a gasser . They were so damn kool to watch . I grew up through all the great drag racing years and really miss the "Old Great Days" of drag racing . The modern racing does nothing for me like a gasser or a front engine dragster !
    I have a 1950 Ford I am going to build after I finish my 55 Ford . That means I will have a spare 1949 Ford tudor just sitting there . I would love to build a gasser from the 49 but I just might do that with my 50 Ford ! Will just have to see what I plan to do after I finish the 55 Ford . I do have a nice 289 I can build but I would really love to have a big block under the hood !
    Thanks for the link to the Gasser Site !

Retro Jim

10. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Good looking site and those guys are a great group I have met alot of the group at Thompson over the years.

Jon

11. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Thanks for the post ! for sure gonna make a race or two,only about two hours from my house.

12. LZ

LZ

Hi Rick: Hope we can see ya next year. Got any plans for the Winter?

Hi Phillip: Hope your car is done. Is there anything you need? Wasnt Mr Bartone going to get his FED going?

Ya the site is a bit slow but it seems well laid out. I hope all the best for them. Could be a great time in August. For people that have not been its a nice track.

http://www.nyirp.com/

http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?encType=1&v=2&ss=ypid.YN662x11515883&style=r&FORM=LLDP

click the Birdseye view under the road pull down menu.
    Lots of room. Camp the night.
    Luke

14. Looking forward to another great summer with the gasser racing series!

15. Luke I got most of the parts now just to put it together. The engine is at the machine shop, I need to get the 9 inch and ladder bar setup installed and also move the engine location back about 5 inches.
    As far as Mr Bartone he was over last week with Paul (stretch) and also seen them Sat. at a nostalgia night. He didn't say anything about his fed, just that he was trying to finish up his shoebox ford.
    What's your guys plans for next year ?

16. pro85fiero

pro85fiero
    BANNED

Hey "swade41"!
    Are me and Mark gonna see that thing at the auction?????????????? :D

17. NO WAY !
    I've been wanting a Henry J for far to damn long to turn it loose or the truck for that matter.

Sure you do, since you won the last race of the year....lol It'll be fun to race ya next year Art, I can hear the banter now...ha.ha.ha

18. LZ

LZ

19. LZ

LZ

Its great to see everyone's interest and pictures of there cars.:cool:
    Cant wait to see you guys next year.

Phill my own project is on the slow path but keep trying. Matts car is up in the air as how parts go. He might do a new Engine and this would effect next year. I would love to find a body for my Son to race the Gasser series. :rolleyes:

Hey anyway. Its a crappy video but something to keep the Smell of Rubber and also Fuel in our bones...:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_FVLsHFnIs

see ya
    Luke

20. Trophy whore!!-MIKE:eek::D

21. Rick: A Dragster....whoa pal....Better send some pics and info on that bad boy. Glad for you.

Swade;
    You knew about the dragster...why do you think I bought the trailer..
    Say HI to Paul and Bernie.. :)

Rick

22. Rick you want me to say they may see the trailer this year ? What are you going to run this year, the bantom or the fiat ?

23. Swade;
    Will run the Bantam is all goes well...
    Will not be at lancaster...

Rick
    ========================================

24. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

We hope to make a few GRS events with our 1970 Opel Gt running modified Gas as long as we meet the guidelines. Is winter over yet?

Attached Files:

25. =====================================================

It appears that NYGG runs their "modified Gas' similar to ONDR (pre 74 for us ),except we have a E T cut off for the class,and a foot brake only deal.

Quicker than 10;49 bumps you in the Comp class,where TB are allowed.

Rick

26. LZ

LZ

27. LZ

LZ

Hiya Bob:
    So the Dads car is all set then?? Neat you through a Ford in her..
    My Wifes Brother was tight with the Antinoras. Funny too as a friend at work helped Mr Antinora work on the Opel back in the day. He asks about it now and then. I need to forward your pics to him.
    The reason I say its funny is that the Antinoras hate Fords. So Im just chuckeling in the back of my mind..:p
    There Son-Grandson Timmy use to race Jr dragsters with my Son. They became good friends. So its all good fun.
    Anyway give your Dad and family good wishes. The car looks great. Hopefully see you at the big "E" sometime..
    Luke
    PS ..Had any chance to work on your lately.?

28. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Luke,
    We spent the past year going through the Opel from front to back. We repainted the doors and fiberglass nose. The fiberglass had some cracks in it and they were also repaired. We are running the Ford because (with the exception of one small block chevy many years ago) it is all we have ever run. Not to mention it makes people take a second look. The Antinora's are real nice people and we are hoping to enjoy the Opel as much as they did for so many years. Still working a few bugs out. Made the last day at Lebannon Valley. The car went straight and ran very well. Looking foward to next year already and attending some western NY events.
    Not much on my Fiat lately, money's tight and time has been short.
    Thanks for the thread and the info on GRS.

29. ardyboy

ardyboy

Here's a few more that will be showing up to play

Attached Files: