Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELLFIRE 52 project underway.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfire, Jun 4, 2010.

1. chevyben

chevyben
    from washington

Wow I want to see more! It gets me pumped to work on mine even with it so cold!!

2. Well here is some good news to come home to. Uncle Sam made sure he got us home in time for Thanksgiving. We where scheduled to be home around mid December so that was an added bonus. It sure is nice to be home and there are alot of things I am thankful for this holiday season. Tyler, the progress you guys have made is tremendous. I want to thank you and the rest of the crew and my beautiful wife Laura for being so supportive and "the middle man" in contacting the shop. Here are some pictures from our homecoming.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Marco, I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday. Welcome home! I hope that you can make it by and see the work thus far. Let me know if you can and how long you'll be stateside. Tyler

4. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Thanks for keeping us safe, we had a great Thanksgiving because of it. ^You guys look great together!^

5. Rod Zombie

Rod Zombie
    from Florida

Welcome home soldier. I salute you.

6. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome home and thanks for keeping us all safe! Thats gonna be a sweet ride!

7. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

8. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

The frame is blasted and painted so we bolted the front suspension up. Sgt. Hernandez ordered lowering springs and brought over the rear that he is going to run.

[​IMG]

The plan now is to place the shell back on the frame so that we can cut out the trunk area to clear the notch and crossbar for the airbags.

9. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

top notch work!

10. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Great work on a cool car. Can't wait to see more. Makes me want to get started on my 52.

11. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

x2!

12. sololobo

sololobo

Nice save, it is a shame nice cars in this condition are considered to tough by some. To many going to the crusher with iron prices high. I will be following this build and it sure looks excellent so far. Good Luck with the Chevy. ~sololobo~

13. sgnova72

sgnova72

Great work. I am subscribed, and thank you for your dedication and service to our country.

14. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

How about an update:D

We moved on to the trunk mods to clear the c-notch and crossmember for the bags. The trunk was pretty rough so it was needing replacement anyways. The first move was to remove the floor and areas needed to let the notch through so that the car would rest on the frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that the car would sit level we could begin making our in new floor and tunnel. Ede began by marking around the notches and making some 90 degree channels formed to hug the tubs for support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He then made the tunnel...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Ede then started working on the back crossmembers and sheetmetal so the floor would have solid metal to weld to and (of course) remove the rust.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installing the new rear tailpanel courtesy of EMS..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We always like to hang the panels (in this case the decklid) and make sure they gap and latch with ease...

[​IMG]

And now to make a floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's what we have thus far. The finished panels will have bead work and have the original style gas tank mounted underneath.

16. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

if your planning on going really low with bysply tires I would recommend making those wheel wells taller but thats just my opinion. looks kick ass too going some good work

17. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

yeah if there are any fitment issues they can be addressed. For now he's staying with just springs in the rear and at a later date will be switching to bags...

18. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

thats some shweeet metal work going on good job ,

20. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Thanks! Means a lot to the guys.

21. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Your guys metal work is great!

22. **Update** The crew at North Texas Customs has finished their part of the build. Tyler I cant thank you and your crew enough. THe car is now at my parents house in Texas awaiting my return home. I am set to deploy yet again in September so the car will be in hibernation until I return. Then we can finish out the body and get some nice paint on there. Here are a couple of updated pics of the finished MII installation, the rear suspension set up and the trunk panels getting fiitted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Thanks for the kind words Marco! I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your schedule and service overseas to our country. I understand that you are being deployed yet again and I wish you well. Thanks again and it's been fun!;)