Register now to get rid of these ads!

you ever say WOW! i love my job & thankful for it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Got two jobs now, I'm a first time Grampa and I'm retired, Love both my new "jobs"...:D

2. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

I say WOW, this is alot harder than it seems! But very Happy to be doing it!! And Lovin' it.

3. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

If my job involved awesome cars I'd be thankful too. My current job is okay but has very little in the way of hours. Lately it has been less than 10 hours a week.

4. codeblu

codeblu

I've been working for my in-laws the past 14 years, we're involved in alot of different things and my job falls into all of them. But, they take very good care of me.

5. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

I'd have to say yes. When you dont get pissed in the morning because you have to go to work and you dont drink to forget the work day then I'd say that's love.
    I'd like it alot better if I could post pictures of our shop like the ones above but we mostly get Hyundai's and CRV's with deer damage :)

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

nope.:mad:

Hopefully I will be able to soon... (*crosses fingers*)

7. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

You're "Livin' the dream"...

8. mickeyc

mickeyc

Everyones situation varies, my "new job" as it is, required a week of computor requals, which sucks. Then the pressure is on! A really intense period of effort until the end of June, changing two 650 ton each steam generators at a nuclear power station. The rules of engagement are very strict, and any deviations in procedure or safety infractions brings on the wrath of the N.R.C. (the federal nuclear regulatory commision). The work is very interesting but demanding as can be. I love it and hate it all at the same time! However in June when its over it, will be summer and a prolonged vacation with funds to finish equiping my new shop.

9. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Yeah,, I LOVE my job but have been laid off since July. Man I sure hope to get called back...

10. I like my steady and garanteed pay checks ever 1st and 15th, but mixing the military with Aircraft mechanics makes for many long 14+ hr days, a hell of a lot more rules and regs then working in the civilian sectors and just a butt load of drama when some one in power lets that power screw with they're head.

11. 53studecoupe

53studecoupe
    from Eagle WI

Wow, I have seen places like that but never worked in one. I wonder if it ever gets old...when your hobby is also your work? I run a small fab shop. Just me and the four walls but my mind is on my Stude parts I keep close at hand should an idea pop in my head. You know planning your next move when the FUNDS become available. I am sure no one here could relate right!

12. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

13. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i did 9yrs of collision and i couldn't take the insurance side of things anymore. but it helps a lot to have collision background.

it's great to work here at the shop. the crew is great and we all help each other out with our own personal projects. working 4 days at 10hrs leaves 3 day weekends. we come in and work on our own stuff. I'm finishing up my daughter's 62 falcon then jumping on to my 64 Triumph 650 bobber.

14. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

thank you so much, glad we could help. :)

15. skyrodder

skyrodder

lucky man! i hate my job, but it pays the bills

16. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Dude, nobody likes a show off. JK, that is an awesome looking place of employment.

17. skidsteer

skidsteer

I suspect this may be one of those PhotoShopped trick e-mail messages that people are always sending me. It is simply not possible for that many fabulous cars to be all in one place at one time.

18. OSchlab

OSchlab
    from Omaha

the company that employs you is fortunate to have you.

Omar

19. crash11049

crash11049

Re: you ever say WOW! i love my job & thankful for it

yes after being unemployed for a bit, and called back

20. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

After 40 years as an educator, which I loved, I'm now retired, which I love. So yes, I guess I did.

21. ZRD

ZRD

My dream to own a shop similar to that.

Oh and yea I don't like my present job, its only a job but it pays the bills (sometimes).

22. I use to love my job but then I got promoted and realized its more than running around shooting guns. Body armor saves lives but damn is that crap heavy!

23. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

For the most part, yes, I LIKE my job.

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

25. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I've had the same job for 20 yrs, and still happy to wake up in the morning and go to work. I had a chance at a promotion a few yrs ago, a bit more money, but would not be doing the same job. I turned it down. Happiness in a job is more important to me than a small increase in pay.

26. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Jeebus D!! It's so hard to wrap your head around where you are vs. where you came from.

You have a WHOLE lot to be thankful for. =O)

27. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

Brandy you know how to make a grown man blush....hahaha thanx

28. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Hahahaha ya funny, you're the only one who says that.:D

29. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Very cool shop and it looks like a great place to work. I worked at a place for 35 years. 25 were grea and the last 10 really sucked. rtired now and I guess I'm blessed to have had it.

30. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh big fuckin deal. A shop full of old ass cars. New ones are cleaner and ain't been fucked up by a bunch of dickheads over all the years.

Trust me, you will say that in your head one day. I have. Best advice? IGNORE IT! Keep doing it and try to keep that positive face. It will be hard sometimes I can promise you. But every time you complete something it's like watchimg your kid do a recital or something. Even if it's just that one fender that had to get right to finish it off, same feeling. Congrats and keep at it. You're fortunate and have a very talented employer to be that busy. Not a lot of shops that full these days.