Register now to get rid of these ads!

you ever say WOW! i love my job & thankful for it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Nov 25, 2010.

1. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

we work 4x10 hr days. so we closed up Tues. night for the holiday weekend. we brought everything in and i looked around and said WOW i love this place. a lil bit of everything. :D

if you want to check out more of our stuff click on my signature.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow I love the place too!! Tell me more about the Willys taking shape on the frame table...is it going to be a sedan delivery?

3. Master of None

Master of None

Nice shop! I'm jealous of your building,you can never have too big of a shop.

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I would love to work in that place too ! You are one lucky man !

Retro Jim

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I love my job and look forward to going to work each day. thanks for sharing your photos. Very cool.

6. Road Rocket

Road Rocket

Looks like an awesome shop to work at. Some very cool ride indeed.

7. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

If I worked in a shop like that I would love my job and look foward to going to work!

8. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

That looks like the dream job I have always wanted. I am so jealous!!!!!!!!

9. I'm a musician, and I'm the warehouse manager of a small company that imports and wholesales musical instruments, so yes, I love my job. It doesn't hurt that the owner of the company drives a 440hp Hemi for a company car, and has a 302 Boss powered 56 F100 for recreation! :) He's a hamber too....

10. pitman

pitman

Now about upgrading the company's Yugo "loaner"...? ;)

Sounds like a good place too.

11. Been there, done that several times in my life. You are right, it is a good feeling!

12. chevyshack

chevyshack

Yea, Yea, ya bragger. Id love my job to if i worked there. Well as long as theres no Boyd cottington working under impossible deadlines crap going on.

13. 61 chevy

61 chevy

cant say i love my job, but glad to have a job in this econemey,

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Never worked at any job more than 2 days after I decided it was time to move on. 18 jobs later (retired from the best one at that point) I find my present position of "slacker" cant be beat. I was my own boss for the last 15 years of my working career and I'll never be able to explain how I tolerated that prick.

Frank

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'm thankful that for the past 42 yrs I have the same job, not a dream job, but raised my family pretty well

16. Semi-retired now,got an easy 2 day a week job.Don't love it but its the easiest job I have ever had.I have never been fortunate enough to have ever had a job doing something I love;they were all just work.Maybe in the next life..
    I hope you continue to love your job; if you love it then its not a job,its what you are.

17. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

I'm a teacher and I say that to myself most days after school. I absolutely love it. I'm blessed that I get to do what I love.

18. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

im thankful i have my job,but never said i loved it! nope not once

19. love my job, love my shop, love my boss... i'm self employed.
    awesome shop you must have a good crew and good clientele.

20. Skrayp

Skrayp

That is sooooo where I want to be. You should love your job , you're very lucky. Happy Thanksgiving!

21. preppypyro

preppypyro

I have three "jobs".
    Im a part time university student, work full time in specialty alloy sales, and I run a small excavation business on the side.

Cant say I absolutely LOVE any of them, but sure like the paychecks, the benefits of working at a special alloy place, and its always nice going to class with a bunch of 20 year old females!

22. Never2low

Never2low

Thankful I have a job yes! Love my job, not so much. Sometimes it's frustrating to work in a machine shop, for a boss with a degree in Forestry, that's never even turned a machine on, let alone knows how to operate one.:confused: Oh well...I like your work place better.

23. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

I've got to say I love my job of teaching Auto Body and Upholstery. It's been 33 years at the same college and I look forward to every day. And you can't beat the time off. I'm also looking forward to being a "slacker" in another year and half. Like Frank!

24. Let's see...no job since 1978, pinstriper, never lift anything heavier than a brush, clients bring me their high dollar cars and tell me to have at it, get to draw on peoples' love machines, get paid really, really well when I'm working (playing), and as a side-line, I consult with car owners and shops on car builds. Can it get any worse!?

25. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hot Rods and Hobbies. They painted my '32 back in 2000 when they were in Torrance. First class work all around.

26. RustyPile

RustyPile

My wife and I are equal partners in our business.. Been at it a little over 15 years.. The pays sucks but the benefits are out of this world.. We have season passes to the best football and baseball games. Get invited to all the best parties..

We're Grandparents!!

Rustypile

27. No, and yes.

28. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

It would be a dream to run a successful shop like that, and be around custom cars all day..I've owned my business for 20 years now, and it pays the bills, but all that time fighting hardware and software issues has taken its toll. Some days I wonder why I ever went into the computer field..

29. I love my job, even if it's a poor way to get rich. I'm an adoptions case manager with Polk County Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS). Four adoptions finalized this past Tuesday--a sibling group of 3 being adopted by their former foster parents, and a 5 year old girl being adopted by relatives. Our small rural county is going to end this year with about 40 finalized adoptions. We've had a number of older kids adopted--we finalized adoption on a 17 year old girl last month, and we have a 16 year old boy finalizing in December.

30. sololobo

sololobo

It is great to see someone being thankful for what they have. Although I don't have such a sweet enviroment to work in I am very thankful for all I do have and realize how lucky I am to be alive and well. I don't have to look far around me to see folks who don't have all the nice situations I have. I have a host of great friends and treasure those relationships. Plus I have the H.A.M.B.!, what else does a guy need. ~Sololobo~