Register now to get rid of these ads!

I pinstriped mt first car!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

I been practicing for a while , and a friend of mine just insisted that I need to work on a car for real , and donated his '27 tall T for my first canidate , it's not perfect , but it's alot better than I thought it would turn out , I was uing the H.O.K. sign paint (white) , and some rustoleum (red) the yellow was also rustolem , and the green was something called painter's choice , the H.O.K. was fairly expensive , but the rest I found at Big Lots , at $2.00 a pint , well, here's the pics ....

Attached Files:

2. noxided

noxided

not bad for your first time, good work.

3. tuki

tuki

where u at in WV?im from Martinsburg..and i stripe also..keep at it.takes alot of practice

4. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Bluefield / Princeton area , mercer county...

5. bikersteve

bikersteve

...a little different going form practicing to real steel....but kudos for the first time work! Like any other discipline the more you stripe the better you will get

6. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Do yourself a favor and get some 1-shot paint . There's lots of info in previous threads on this subject .

7. What kind of brush are you using? are you thinning the paint?

X2 on the one shot.....In my limited experience it works better than the other stuff I have tried.

8. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Using a #3 mack scrolling brush , and yea , I thinned it a lil bit with acetone , and a drop of mineral oil to "smooth" it out , kinda trying different things cuz I cant get 1 shot anywhere around here , so , I have to make due , kinda like I used to hear all day long....adapt , overcome , etc , etc....:D

9. Moondog13

Moondog13

You can order one shot online... :D

10. Abomb

Abomb

11. labguy

labguy

My first was my own truck, done a few since. The first that wasn't my own was the scariest.

Attached Files:

12. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

One shot isn't expensive, it will last a loooooong time. Coast airbrush is great. I also order from www.QHF.com, they get it to me next day.

13. Look harder for some proper paint. Like everything in life the proper tools make the job easier and better. as said it is available mail order and a can goes a long way. You will find it aslo makes your practice easier getting the right consistancy of paint to flow out...

14. tikistan

tikistan

Looks good! Keep going for it! way better than my attempts. HA HA!

15. Forget the acetone and mineral oil.
    Just use one shot and mineral spirits.
    Get up on the tip of the brush.