Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bump for todays crew.

Any updates BOOB? You still working on it?

2. I have an idea. Are there any t-shirt makers here? Why not make a slew of t-shirts regarding the theft and of the truck and give them out or sell them for cost at Austin (or in the vicinity) car shows?

If there is a reward, have that on the shirt. Someone (or more) there knows the whole story, they just haven't been urged or been given an out to spill the beans, yet.

Bob

3. I like this idea. You could make the shirt look like a milk carton missing child thing from the 80's.

4. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

we have a member on the hamb who makes t-shirts,
    damn, lives in my town, striptees ,
    He posts mostly on the Eagle Field drags thread,
    See if we can get Mike involved,
    get his ideas, then go to strip-t's.
    sounds like it might work,,

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I think we need to hit facebook hard again too with Mike's flyer. I just reposted the other day

6. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Good Job 100%Matt,
    I will follow up on the t-shirt idea,
    will post back when I know something more

7. 4406

from Oklahoma

Bumpity bump for the night crew.

8. robleticia

robleticia

Good Morning Everyone!

9. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

this truck was stolen 7 monthes ago.....

you guys need to let this shit go, i feel bad i see this thread at the top everyday.
    if it was my truck i would want to start dealing with the loss instead of huggin on to a .0000001 % chance somebody on the hamb will find it for me.

i know ill get bashed for being rational, but come on.....

10. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

It ain't your truck though, is it??????:eek:

11. robleticia

robleticia

REALLY??? Why don't you send 1lowtrk a pm and ask him his opinion? I know Mike appreciates all the help and support that he is getting from the HAMB. If you would read the thread instead of just running your mouth you would see where he thanks everyone for keeping this thread at the top. I think the chances are better than .000001% and we will hang on to hope until the truck is recovered or until Mike says he has given up, until then keep your thoughts to yourself.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

but the point here is to keep it out there in the eyes of all.

even if its never recovered..its all about the exposure and pressure..

no matter how long it takes , you would be happy to have yours back after a year or 2 wouldnt you?

13. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Being rational is ok and I have delt with the loss . As long as there is a chance and people willing to help im not going to just give up.It was 8 years of my life ,alot of good times,miles and friends,You just don't forget that stuff.
    Thank you every one

14. ===============================================

Yeah, you guys likley should be flooding the Austin area with flyers ,and get the local media involved..
    Yes,it's been 7 months,but in the old car hobby, someone knows somebody who HAS this !!
    Get notices out to every car club,swap meet in that area..
    And not just ONE flyer nailed to the outhouse door..

Apparently from what i read here, that the truck is still in the area.

So,someone already knows !!!.

Good luck ,and keep searching.

Rick

15. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

"if it was my truck"

Well it ain't your truck, it is obvious to the most casual observer that you have never suffered this kind of loss so you have no idea what the emotions are and the sense of loss....so close the pie hole and support your fellow HAMBer!

16. willburton7

willburton7

the guy that sprayed primer on my car just got a impala back that had been stolen 11 years ago, The car got stopped for a speeding ticket and recovered in the same little town it was stolen in. They had just painted it and put new interior in it. So keep looking you may get lucky too!

17. I agree! From what I saw earlier in the thread, the location was all but pin pointed. I'd think the Austin HAMBers would have stepped up by now. Maybe there's more to the picture that I see.

If this were in my area, with so much knowledge about people who know the thief, I'd be helping and willing to risk being arrested.

As a robbery victim myself in the past, I always hold out hope for others in the same boat. Bring the truck back to Mike for Thanksgiving if possible.

Bob

18. Big Dad

Big Dad

Didn't your mother never tell you she loved you enough ?

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7 months isn't very long to stick the truck in a garage or warehouse and hope that everyone forgets about it. As a group we have been working at keeping it out front especially when it ticks a lot of guys off that a rig was taken at a HAMB related event.

20. sololobo

sololobo

Stay the course bros, never say never! ~Sololobo~

21. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

Is it too naive to ask why show promoters don't pay a rent a cop $100 to take the graveyard shift at the host hotel for events like this? I'd gladly pay an extra buck or 2 on the entry fee to fund some security. Catching the sorry douchebag in the act could lead to additional fundraising.......AT THE GUN RANGE!!!!

22. The fucker whos shop this truck was at at one time (allegedly) knows where this truck is ... or he is certainly capable of finding out where it went. He is as guilty as the piece of shit that stole the truck in the first place.

This is taking way too long. Time to think "outside the box" .... the cops were done with this a long time ago. Time alone won't bring it back, the cops won't bring it back ......

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

agreed

all I know is there's one guy out there , that should be mising a finger.
    and when next week comes and goes without the truck being returned , should be missing 2 fingers...etc!
    now that its been 7 months that same fucker should be missing all his fingers and possibly a dam hand by now:eek:

24. Originally Posted by borntoloze
    The fucker whos shop this truck was at at one time (allegedly) knows where this truck is ... or he is certainly capable of finding out where it went. He is as guilty as the piece of shit that stole the truck in the first place.

This is taking way too long. Time to think "outside the box" .... the cops were done with this a long time ago. Time alone won't bring it back, the cops won't bring it back ......

Probably not my place to say anything like this, but something stinks in Austin and the Austin HAMBers are real quiet on the subject matter. Does anyone else feel this way?

Bob

25. ============================================

Got to agree..one of YOU out there knows a lot about where this is and that it was painted etc..

I'm thinking it's time to step up and park the truck on the street and call the police.

go steal a new one to replace it..

Rick

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Better yet..go buy a dam project truck and find out what its like to PAY for one!:mad:

27. I thought that TEXAS, especially Austin with its thick HAMB contingent, would be one place that true car guys could count on each other to handle scumbag thieves.

Time and again those who "profess" to be good seem to clearly outnumber those who are evil, yet those who are evil seem to prevail far too often. Seldom is it the numbers that determine the outcome, but whether those who claim to be good men are willing to stand up and fight for what they know to be right - Edmund Burke

Lets make Burke's quote fit a bit better - Those AUSTIN HAMBers who "profess" to be good men clearly outnumber this thief, yet this thief has prevailed (for 7 months).... therefore those that "claim" to be good men have not been willing to stand up for what they know is right.

Since when did all the "not my business, don't want any trouble, can't be bothered" crowd take over AUSTIN, TEXAS?

I'd like to think its the above because the only alternative - Austin HAMBers protect their own (as long as he steals out of state cars)

Apparently Montana is different! I had $2k+/- worth of parts stolen from outside a friends shop, it only took 3 days before I got the call. Word around here spread fast and EVERY car guy in town knew exactly who did it, where he lived, what vehicle the parts were bolted to, etc....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  28. metal man

metal man

Austin is a pretty big place,lot's of places for a truck to hide,that's if it's even still in the area.Let's not start shitting on Austin Hambers for not finding the thing yet.It is unfortunate,but one person or a very small group is responsible for this theft.It may be fun to stick your chest out and talk tough,but the reality is,most of us don't have time for vigilante justice.

29. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I agree , let's calm down a bit & just get back on track & just keep the heat on & hopefully things will turn out good in the end .

What's the latest story with the guy that was "hosting" the stolen truck at one point ?? Why is he not answering to charges of being in posession a stolen vehicle ? At the very least , he should have bruises from "walking into a door" ... repeatedly ;)

BUMP TO THE TOP !

30. I'm not sticking my chest out, I'm a desk jockey but "not having time" is a lame excuse. Bet you could find the time to chase down a barn find? Just admit you can't be bothered.

In seven months, how many "busy" Austin area HAMBers visited the relative who stored the stolen truck? In seven months I could find the time. Every couple weeks, a few some car guys paying a visit and politely asking if he had changed his mind on giving up the thief. If he gets tired of the visits, offer to call the police se he can file a RO. RO's on twelve guys is a lot of paperwork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.