Register now to get rid of these ads!

fender well headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63wickedduce, Nov 20, 2010.

1. 63wickedduce

63wickedduce
    from atwater mn

i got a 383 stroker I m going to put in a 63 chevy II i was thinking about putting fender well headers on it is there any advantages " sound , hp " to them or are they more for style ?

2. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Hooker Super Comps Here, Easy to change plugs,Ground clearance(If you need it),Long tubes Tuned. And they are bad ass!!!!!!Let's see that '63. The only dissadvantage is you have to delete heater hoses(hooker only) and protect the mastercylinder from heat
    [​IMG]

3. They work ok if your car is not lowered any. If so,you might have contact when steering is at full lock=side to side.Ask me how I know:(.You can possibly relocate a tube somewhat,and all will be fine,but,for about $400 clams for the headers,a re-locate of a pipe,paint and or coating,be prepared for cha -ching.The pic is in it's final stage with lemon's headers,hence the hieght.I wanted to go fast,so that was the ticket.
    In cruise mode back in the day,I ran a 145/15 Kleber tire.Don't know what your doin,but If it helps,Kool. The lower you go,the more "rub" you'll have.

Attached Files:

4. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

I got a buddy that runs em on his 63 nova with a 327....they sound great, I love em...
    Lumpy cam, fender, well headers.... ricer kids look away when he pulls up by them at lights.

5. 63wickedduce

63wickedduce
    from atwater mn

how low did you go because i got 2 inch drop spindles on mine