Register now to get rid of these ads!

craigs list 34 ford find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geage, Nov 20, 2010.

1. geage

geage

there still out there,,,,I answered an ad on c/list for 34 ford truck ,I totally stumbled on this one, the ad said'' not the whole truck'',they were right,it didn't have an engine or wheels,but everything else, and then some, 2, 39 trans 2 grills, full fenders,1960s bronco rear end w/extra center chuck ,guide lights and even 2 1934 mass license plates .and boxes and boxes of parts , the cab is totally rot free and the 1934 #d frame is near mint,the whole thing has been in a garage for 25 years just waiting for me .,now Im sorry in advance for those of you that are gonna piss your self but I only paid 700.00 for the whole shooting match,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hears my trick, you need to be patient, don't cuss, pray 3 times a day,lay back and dream of England,and {STRIKE LIKE A RATTLE SNAKE] then DRIVE LIKE THE FRIGGIN WIND WITH CASH IN HAND,,,,,, [ THANK YOU LORD!!!!] now,for the guy that tried to sneak in after me and offer more than the asking price and screw me out of it,all I can say is thank god for honerable sellers ,sooooo NA NA,,,NA NA NA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

post some pics up

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Pics, my man, pics! Sounds like you got a HELL of a deal! Man, I need a new pickup... Wanna trade for a T roadster project?

4. flamed34

flamed34

Nice score!
    There's two '34 trucks sitting in an old barn in the farmland outside of Raleigh I tried to buy 6 years ago. Of course, there's about 10 partially disassembled "in progress" vehicles of various years (think early 1990's Olds Cierra back to a mid-60's Galaxie) left exactly where the owner lost interest, but he's "gonna fix those '34's up one day". Maybe with the economy, I need to stop again! Maybe he'll sell them to me for the same price you paid!

5. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Great find! The few times I found a good deal and some one did an end around to get it, even though everything was agreed upon, they usually did. You were lucky to be able to find such a stand up seller, good guy.

6. Sweet deal.

7. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

The last time you talked to him was he using a walker and coughing up brown gunk with oxygen tubes in his nose? If so, I think I've met a couple of his cousins up here. :D

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

WOW, that looks like a nice cab and doors too! Good on you, now get her put together!

9. geage

geage

WOW, that looks like a nice cab and doors too! Good on you, now get her put together!Quote,,,,, now that sounds like a plan! I never thought I would say this cus Im hot rod to the bone,but this ones so nice I don't think I can cut it up,at least ,not too much,

10. nice! so what is the plan?

11. geage

geage

not sure yet ,my mind is still zinging , I have a sweet 365 caddy and a tremec tko, but the 3 speed and a hokey little engine might be nice,and the body I might just assemble it and go.

12. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

very cool find! Congrats!!!

13. Nik

Nik

You SUCK!! Sorry, someone had to say it. :)

14. geage

geage

thats ok man,,, I feel your pain, my buddy was saying the same thing to me on the ride home after picking it up,,,I just smiled and said .''I know''

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Good score but finding honorable people to deal with is just as imortant. You did good on both counts. Now, keep us informed on the build.

Frank

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  16. fitzee

fitzee

I hate you.LOL. good score

17. geage

geage

he was the coolest guy, he didnt care about the $, he was just glad it was going to someone that was gonna use it and not part it out, he chuckled a couple times about not really knowing what it was worth, but he did want to know how I responded 6 min's after he posted the ad,I just started laughing,,,,,6 freaking minutes ,,what shit luck

18. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Nice, good luck with it !

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

awesome score , id have grabbed it for the frame in a heart beat lol ,

20. Cruiser

Cruiser

The old saying fits here "The early bird gets the worm" Congradutions
    Now, get to work on the cool buy. :D

CRUISER :cool:

21. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Boy am I jealous!

22. TORR

TORR
    Member Emeritus
    from BOSTON, MA

I thought for sure he was going to sell it to me when I offered him double.

23. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Dayum! Congrats!!

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm usually the guy on the phone with cash in hand while someone is standing there trying to get it for a lot less. I've had a couple of guys who were trying to wheedle a guy down from a fair price all the sudden pull out the asking price when I was either on the phone or pulling in the driveway. First come first served but a wasted effort for me.

Great looking start on a nice 34 pickup there, congrats.

25. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

nice score for a good price..

26. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

Great find!!! I also found mine on CL, a verry similar deal. They are out there you just have to keep looking...

Attached Files:

27. Ya wanna double your money? Jus kiddin, nice score...

28. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Good for you. Now wipe the shit eating grin off and put it on the road.

29. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

Gotta love CL ! I have scored a 50 Studebaker Business coupe & a 31 Ford PU .

That is a sweet 34 !

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is the best part of the story IMO.:D Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Bob