Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody in atl that shaves white letter tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atlantaford, Nov 18, 2010.

1. atlantaford

atlantaford
    from atlanta ga

hey guys dont no if im posting in the right palace or not so im sorry if i am i would like to know if theres anyone in atlanta ga that shaves white letter tires and makes white wall tires into them or in nc area can travel but not far Charlotte nc is my limit thank you very please reply

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'm no help, BUT you might want to put an intro first, there are some real intro Nazi's on here

3. atlantaford

atlantaford
    from atlanta ga

what do you mean??? im kinda new to forums

4. There is a place at the top of the forum where you can introduce yourself and what your all about.

Diamond Back Radials vulcanizes a white wall onto the tires they sell. They are in NC between Charlotte and I-95. I haven't heard of anyone in ATL that would do what your asking about. You might be on your own for sanding them. Let us know if you find anyone.

5. JVK54

JVK54

This is pretty easy to do yourself. Use small wheel (3" 50 grit) to rough out, then a finishing wheel. Practice on a junk tire till you get the hang of it. DO NOT do something goofy like leaving the tires on, jacking up the rear and running 'em no matter what YouTube says. There's a bunch of threads here on the subject.

6. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

Diamond Back Tires located in Conway, S.C.

7. skwurl

skwurl

I have a machine that I bought in ATll that does this. It works pretty good. You can do it on the car with a grinder. Go to harbor freight and get the corral looking discs they direct the rubber out and don't clog the sanding surface

8. atlantaford

atlantaford
    from atlanta ga

can you shave my tires for me

9. skwurl

skwurl

I need a better air compressor for the machine to work properly. I have done a few. You cannot do new tires. They have a lot of oil in them and will brown. I also have the chemicals to lay whiter on them if they do brown. I'm still learning. I do have a set of g78 bias plys I would sell or trade for sbc parts