Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pat kirkwoods speed shop FT worth TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown Speed Shop, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Does any of our older members remember Pat kirkwoods speed shop in Ft worth TX around 1949-50?

2. Biothree

Biothree

Pat Kirkwood was my cousin. I do not know much about his speed shop but I know a lot about his family.

3. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

Pat did some stock car racing. I think this is in Arlington late 50'
    these came from the wilson brother's coll.

Attached Files:

4. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Would that be the same Pat Kirkwood who drove stock cars and track roadsters (for Ralph Potter) in Indy?

5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Tinker,
    thanks for the pics..... My flathead came from kirkwoods speed shop in 1949......It is a fully built race engine 99A merc block 3/8 bore and 3/8 stroke with all the good stuff....I am trying to find all the info I can on his speed shop......He was an interesting fellow, later he owned the hotest nite club in texas called the celler.....That is where the secert service men partyed all nite before JFK was shot....

6. Biothree

Biothree

The FBI had Pat for 4 days after Kennedy's death. They were checking the conspiracy theory because the Secret Service guys were at The Cellar nearly all night before Kennedy was shot. As a result of that, Pat flew drugs out of Columbia for years as an undercover agent. The Cortail did not know he was an agent of the DEA, of course. You can do a Google search and find his obit. You can also read about his family in Gamblers and Gangsters on Jacksboro Highway.