Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBC oiling questions - oil pump

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Engine Pro, granted the majority of our engines were either dry sump or external wet sump, we occasionally had a few serious internal wet sump's. For these we would alway's " dyno " the oil pump. Made a oil pump dyno out of a rear main cap, installed a pressure gauge, some lines into and out of a old dry sump tank, and well you can fiqure the rest I'm sure. Nice little gadget for checking a pump after blueprinting and setting pressure before installing. BDM

2. Yeah we spent lots of hours on the stock configurations of the small block chev oil pumps. I guess the point I was going after here was the H-V thing and how much oil you could put up in the top of an engine. Back in the years before alot of the speed secrets became public we where at the race track and the oil warning light would come on in the middle of the corner. Cat that owned and built the car and the engines sent his wife down to the local drug store for the fix to our oil problem !! Care to guess how we fixed it ??? Remember time frame late 60s !!! >>>>.

3. pauls fords

pauls fords

Try this guy,,,he does magic on oil pumps,,,Precision Oil Pumps,,,,559-325-3553 he is in Clovis CA,,,,,,Blueprinted oil pumps....

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

I think the people that sell HV oil pumps start all these rumors.

5. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

To run a BB pump on a SB you need a shorter rod between the pump and the distributor.
    I once modified the stock SB rod by making the slot deeper in the end that gets turned by the distributor.

6. Deuces

Deuces

7. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Well worth it--->

Bubba1955, Tickety Boo and Blues4U like this.
  8. Deuces

Deuces

Cool!.... :)
    Learning something new every day....:)