Register now to get rid of these ads!

hudson 41 coupe, sled or gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the vonstripers, Nov 13, 2010.

1. the vonstripers

the vonstripers
    from france

here's my new project a hudson 41 business coupe ,in very good shape ,i don't know if i build a 60's gasser or a rad kustom .
    i 've got a 400ci chevy with speed parts and a 4 speed manual trans ,ready to go .
    let me know what's the best way for this nice coupe.....!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thanks for all,steph

2. The pictures are so darn big I can't see the whole car at once.I vote sled.

3. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Looks like a nice find!.I vote sled also.There is a guy in NJ,who has a 41 Nash cpe done as a sled,sweet ride.

4. studematt

studematt

Ol skool tail drager for sure.

5. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Needs to be a gasser!

6. Sled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Ltorch

Ltorch

8. dannyego

dannyego

Sled no question about it

9. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I vote sled, I just don't get the appeal of gassers...to me they are the new red wheels, but uglier.

10. Sled. Too fat to pull off the gasser thing. If you're serious.

11. Gasser just do it!!

12. Most defiantly please go the sled route. Period gasser builders used light coupes with short wheelbase, and the Hudson misses on both.
    It looks like a rare car in great shape. You should be proud to own it.

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

14. I love gassers, but...................a sled for sure!!!!!

15. OOOOHHHHHHHH Daddddyyyyyyy, with a 400, 4speed---------------- Bulldog votes nose-up in your face G-A-S-S-E-R. :cool:

16. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

How about just an old fashioned hot rod?:D
    Don't see that much these days...lol...

I love the un-informed comments "Gassers" get....
    The new red wheels? Yeah...o.k.....new from, like, 40+ years ago...
    And they were'nt all short wheel-based coupes, just look at the Flintstone flyer, and many other lower Gas class cars, AND trucks....read some books.
    Look at some old pics...
    It was a class. It still is, in nostalgia racing circles.
    Too many people are confusing today's "fad" builds with real race cars, from then, AND now.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  17. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

Gasser! there are several of the Hudson guys in the HET club that drag race these with the Hornet 308 in them. they make great gassers. the B body 68 Mopar 8-3/4 rear ends are the right width to fit in without problems and allow a 12" tire under them.
    PaceRacer50

18. joey tee

joey tee

sled 4 sure...

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Hot Rod/Sled route. 308 Twin H Hudson Straight 6 split manifold to smithys or porters. A little forward rake and you got yourself a bitchin ride

20. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I know these things, I am not uninformed but my opinion stands as the gasser finds more and more NEW followers everyday, if you like them fine I am happy for you.
    I personally can't stand the stance or looks of a gasser, hence my vote for sled...my comparison to red wheels was to further emphasize my point.
    I hope you do not construe this as an attack on yourself as it is not......Gasser's are just not MY thing.

21. lawman

lawman

It looks Gasser to me !!!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

22. Are there any drag strips near you in France? Are there any drag strips in France?

23. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Nahh...not worried about it being an attack...I get plenty of them on here, anyway, I'm used to it! :D
    but you are right. They DO stray from the path, further each day...
    I just like racing...New and old...
    I get yer point...

I still think this car would look great with the slight hot rod rake, though,.
    mild bigs and littles...black walls....

Hopefully, however, the "Streetfreak" err...uhhh...Gasser (??) thing will peak by the time my truck is finished, and in paint, so I can just toss a few 6" chunks of steel on top of the axle, so you can only see the treetops, thus making it a "real" Gasser ;) and sell my $ 500.00 farm truck for enough cash to buy a '32 5 window. haha...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  24. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Sled. I also don't get the gasser unless you are racing. They did it for traction and there are better ways to get that now. Very nice car! Build it how you want but that car screams low and fast to me.

25. I'd do it as a nice lowered resto-rod with dual exhaust, lowering blocks and cut coils.The car could be brought back to stock without too much trouble for resale value. It's far too big to build as a gasser IMHO...would be silly looking and driveability would be gone..
    The smaller chevs, willys' studes and small nash coupes make better "street gassers."

26. Custom.

In every sense of the word. I think chopped and low out back and some skirts and rear tailight treatment you would have a stunning car.

Good luck with your decision.

BloodyKnuckles

27. csclassics

csclassics

That would make a REAL nice sled!! I like gassers too, but man that would look great as a sled!! Love Hudsons.

28. the vonstripers

the vonstripers
    from france

thanks for your repplies ,i think it's gonna be a lead sled .........!

29. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Good, and I think it would look good at my House..lol! You know what's worse dirty30..I have red wheels:eek:

30. 47Hudson

47Hudson

What ever makes you happy! I would like to be able to go out and cruise in my 47 but I love racing it!

Attached Files: