Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rebel Reaper at Pinks All Out this weekend, any advice?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Good luck Don and have fun.

2. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Good Luck and hope your group gets picked ! The fastest cars only got picked ONE time ! That was a 7 to 8 sec group . Most of the groups are in the 10 sec. class .
    As for the arm drop , watch his elbows ! That's what moves first on Rich . Rich also drops in 3-5 seconds when his arms are ready to go !

Do me a big favor , when you see that mouthy asshole "Clay" , give him a nice "Knuckle Sandwich" for me when he starts running his mouth in your face on how you should race your car ! I can't stand that dickhead !

Retro Jim

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Have fun and goodluck........do your thing.....wish I could go............but do you really think they will pick to run the 17.0 second class so you can run...ha ha ha.......The Reaper will put on it's own show....I know you are probably waiting @ Norwalk ...to get into this shindig right about now..Dave....I have missed allot of racing this year but will be back @ it soon!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  4. Good luck and woop some ass. They dont know what there missing!

5. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

I found a picture of Rich.
    [​IMG]

6. c57heaven

c57heaven

Good luck Don. Can't think of a better way to represent the gasser scene.

7. Cshabang

Cshabang

Would you just put it on the bumper already?

8. Just hope that there's 15 other cars within a 10th, and I'll bet your group will make it to the big show.
    Looking forward to your post in the morning with all the jucie news.

9. Again, I would like to thank everyone for the encouragment. I had fun at Pinks All Out. It was a different experience and got out there to a whole different crowd. The track was great and so were the people. The show folks and the racing was better than I had been warned. I didn't think they pushed the cars too fast, and I thought that safety was a priority. There were 3 classes that they were considering and unfortunalty my class came in 3rd. I won't tell you who won, but as soon as they picked the class I knew who the winner would be. It is a show. As far as the cars there, some really sick fast stuff. I watched a dodge ram 4x4 with a cummins run a 9.13! I would not be suprised if half the cars there were sub 10 second rides. I ran probably the most consistant I ever have. The Reaper was definetly up for the challange with passes of: 10.95, 11.005 on friday. Then on Saturday I ran 10.90 and on the arm drop pass a 10.98. I hit 120mph on 2 passes, first time this year. The braket guys were classic on the pro tree. was actually pretty funny. I am no tree genius, but these guys out and out were sleeping! My best reaction time was a .032 and I definetly got the best of the Firebird next to me in the arm drop race. As for the weelie contest, I did ok, but no bumper:mad: I did wood the gas pedal, just didn't get it done. Don't know if I will get any air time on the show or not, no interviews or anything like that. The guy in charge did talk to me in the lanes but no cameras. I did have a good time and suggest more of us try it out. Maybe the could have a Nostalgic Pinks All Out. I will let you guys know when the show is to air.

Don

10. Good idea

11. as many have said run over rich, and willie b. and that other dork from texas whos allways on pass time (forget his name) and have fun , kick ass and take names but most important HAVE FUN

12. bgaswillys

bgaswillys

Way to go Don, I'm sure you did the Willys Gassers out here proud!

13. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

bout time we got a willys gasser on there!!!!
    kick some ass!!!

14. Go really fast for 1320 ft.

Park your truck and trailer on the big end, bring the fastest tow vehicle you own incase you don't go fast enough for 1320 ft.

I don't know what you are up against competition wise. One of the things that works for some of the fellas is that they wing my engine early. Sometimes it phsycs the other fella and gives them an advantage.

Just go out there and tear ass buddy. I'm rootin' for ya.

15. Hey Don, glad you made it through safely! Always enjoyed your runs at Thompson, one of the cars I always remember from our trips out there. Looking forward to the air time, Greg CGM:)

16. Rusty

Rusty

too cool Don!

17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Kick as and take names Don, good luck. I will be at Western Maryland Street Rod Roundup vending videos.....but If I were there I would be 100% in your corner. Maybe I'll see you at Canfield this month

18. Found this video on YouTube tonight. Also wanted to let everyone know that the show is on tomorrow night 8 and 11 eastern standard time on Speed. I have no idea if there is any footage of me on there...but I like the youtube vid....

19. gsp392

gsp392

The thing I hate about the show is that clown standing in front of a perfectly good, working Christmas Tree waving his arms like a dumbass. That and the idiots arguing at the end, plus the rice burner guy wanting a 15 car length head start.

20. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Just run the reaper like you always do Don and you'll put the rebel on TV bud....good luck

Big Bob from Moonlight Movies

21. yea, he said some pretty dumb things during the weekend, but all in all, him standing in front of the tree was pretty cool. Don't get to race a flag starter very often, so I really liked that!

22. pro85fiero

pro85fiero
    BANNED

Hey Don remember me?
    Let them say what they want WE know that WE had a grrrrrreat time!
    And I'm sure you are thinking the same as me, we'll do it again! [​IMG]

23. smarg

smarg

You committed a crime, Rape!!!

Thats pretty cool stuff.

24. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Dang man that was a kick ass video

25. If that wheel stand doesn't get air time then they are crazy for not using it !

26. 11 pm Eastern! I will be watching , no doubt one cool car, The Rebel Reaper:cool:.

27. vinmanr2d2

vinmanr2d2
    from new jersey

donny i wish i knew of this sooner i would have been there bro !
    you kicked ass at the JALOPY SHOWDOWN last month!!!!!
    i will get more vids of you up on youtube when i figure out my new camera !

28. jason65

jason65

Awsome video. Good race dude.

29. Thanks guys, it was nice beating up on that new camaro/firebird thing...:D

I ran it "all out" and was one of the fastest in the 11.00 index. NO sandbagging here....

30. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

I love that video and launch!!!
    good stuff, most important is that it sounds like you had a good time, and the memory will last forever