Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kinda O/T: Whos all in Upstate NY??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pyro, Feb 14, 2007.

1. I'm in the Albany area. There are cruises almost every night in the area. If you can get to one of the monthly summertime Guptil's cruises you will see 1000+ cars Here is a nice link about Albany area stuff. http://www.napijoescarshow.com/

2. skyphix

skyphix

I'm north of Albany, close to Lake George (10 miles, max). Not that it helps you, but in addition to the cruises mentioned by Smokey Stover, there is also cruises in the Glens Falls area Wednesdays and Thursdays during the summer.

3. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

Hey, I'm late to this post, but I hardly ever get on here any more. I live right across the river from Rhinebeck. All the good stuff happens elsewhere except the Rhinebeck shows. I didn't realize there were guys close to me now. A few years back, there was nobody for miles...

4. Powerband

Powerband

'Speakin of the Rhinebeck Spring Dustoff, I'll be there on Sat. & Sun. with a long list of parts and tools I need. I usually bring a list and occasionally find something on it!. I'll have the '61 Comet there on Sat. and Sunday I'll bring the "old car".

Powerband :cool:

http://www.rhinebeckcarshow.com/

[​IMG]

5. petebert

petebert

I used to live in New Berlin, my dad still lives there and my mom lives in Oxford, all about an hour south of Syracuse. I really like upstate NY, I'm in the USAF now but we visit pretty much every summer.

Now that your there you can get some real pizza, pretty much every town there has a local pizza shop and their all pretty good. NY Pizzaria in New Berlin Rox! Also check out Brooks BBQ in Oneanta, Dinosaur in Syracuse if you like baseball the hall of fame in cooperstown is pretty cool and there's plenty of other cool shit in the area. Dont know how MN is but upstate NY is horrible with rust though, they salt pretty heavily there.

6. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

7. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

:) Get off the computer and get back to work Len, nothing is ever going to get finished if you spend all day on the HAMB!! lol.. Now I guess we are building the chassis for that car. The frame rails are going to show up this up coming week. Thats what I'm told anyway. Between you and I a Graffiti clone is dumb. If your going to clone a car, I can think of a bunch of cooler cars from the past than that. That's just what I think, and that's just my opinion.

8. BigChief

BigChief

I'm in Honoye, south of Rochesters next to Livonia.....What rock was I under when this old post was up???

tjm73 - drop me a PM.....we're almost neighbors.

-Bigchief.

9. bambam

bambam
    from Upstate NY

I missed it too. The Norwich show this (Memorial Day) Weekend is a great one and the Syracuse show is top notch. Anybody passing through the Binghamton area feel free to drop in for a little bs'n or a cold drink.....

10. bloaty57

bloaty57
    from SWNY

I'm about 50 miles south-southwest of Rochester, down near Letchworth Park..........

New to HAMB..........but I've been at the "Nationals" in Syracuse for several years, as well as York, PA., and several other NE shows.
    My brother's & buddies show our cars (mainly at Syracuse) and when I don't have a car to show, I get credit for painting theirs........LOL.

I enjoy the fumes....what can I say ?

NY is great rod country.....you'll see when you get to the Nat's in July......see you there.......

Take care,
    Bob

11. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

MY personal opinion is that its an overdone clone but its a FREE car...Im sure it will come out nice LOL
    I woulda loved a chopped Merc , a 57 Chevy or even a Camaro with some wild paint- just something out of the safe car that the shows all give away....BUT safe= easier and less time consuming to do...
    Cant beleive they are waiting this late to do anything....but then again- paying work before free stuff- hey - you know the truck is still here right? Its being picked up at Laconia to bring 'home'. Whew!

You gonna be in Laconia this weekend?

12. oldschool54

oldschool54

WOW! I didnt know there that many car nuts upstate NY! I'm originally from Postenkill,close to Troy. But now I'm in Las Vegas NV.
    Land of the rust less cars!

13. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

bump, lets see the whos around now.

Im from Floyd, 10minutes from Marcy.

14. Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Shout out from Binghamton....

15. I am in Horseheads an hour from Binghamton

16. drs47ford

drs47ford
    from Western NY

North Tonawanda.....north of Buffalo,NY

17. I'm in North Tonawanda too.

18. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO R&C - Marietta N.Y. Otisco Lake. Old thread, new

people. I'm thinkin' of trying to get a mid sized show together

in CNY for HAMB friendly cars. Stay tuned ! ! !

19. Mercman39

Mercman39

Howdy from Phoenix, NY. Small town between Syracuse and Oswego. The more I travel around the rest of the country, the more I realize just how big the car hobby is in this area.

20. blue_collar_grease

blue_collar_grease
    from Roscoe, IL

I'm about 15 minutes north of Ithaca, but I travel to Rochester and Syracuse pretty frequently. i'm definitely willing to drive an hour or so for a round up. There's a lot of us HAMBers in NYS.

21. TeejDio

TeejDio
    from W.N.Y.

I'm in Avon, 20 minutes south of Rochester.

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am from Binghamton as well there is plenty of stuff going on if you just ask around.

23. SleightsburghMC

SleightsburghMC

Kingston across the Hudson from Rhinebeck.

24. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

bump

Just a heads up plans are in the work for a reliability run in the spring/early summer. Starting and leaving from my shop.

25. uc4me

uc4me

I Live in Syracuse but originally from Holland Patent

26. stevens2@htva.net

[email protected]
    from 14883

There's a few of us south of you too, Binghamton- Elmira area. Why would you move to upstate NY, not to car friendly, salt!

Attached Files:

27. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Greenwich NewYork 10 miles east of Saratoga

28. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

Marcellus, right between Syracuse and Auburn.

29. mrothman

mrothman
    from new york

im in manlius bout 20 min from syracuse