Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

2. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

Thanks Skoh, Matt and FlatFoot. Please PM me if you want a shirt. I appreciate it.

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Not necessary, I enjoy doing it.

4. Flatfoot, I have a cleaner background pic for my 54 Chevy wagon that you made into a sedan delivery.

Hate to ask this but could you just do the same with plain white paint job with med size 2" whites on blue steelies, trim rings and 54 caps or something close, one with skirts the other without.

I'm gonna use these for inspiration and on my website to get this car done. It is going in the shop Monday for engine work and then paint.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Attached Files:

5. gripelec

gripelec

Flat black and Gloss block 55 with and without lettering Please!!!!!!!!!

6. satin&flake

satin&flake

MR.D is there a way you chould master the 59 impala/belair tail lights on to the back of the 52 with the stock light removed and the blue flake top and dual fishtail tipsand a nice chrome bumper :eek:please thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  7. Rockabilly E

Rockabilly E
    from oregon

Man I like that car.I would make it a shine catcher not a moonshine runner.

8. This could look pretty good. I´m not 100% sure I got the scale of the lights right. I´d add wind-splits to the rear quarters, as per shoebox Ford, to blend the lights in.

[​IMG]

9. satin&flake

satin&flake

cool thank you , your fast lol

10. No problem. Where did you get the idea for this from? It looks like something from the early sixties.:cool:

11. satin&flake

satin&flake

i like the 59 impala and i never seen them on a 49-52 chevy so i asked :)
    it looks kinda cool am going to do more research on the size of them and try and find a nice set thanks again
    i might ask for help when i think of something for the front so far i have 55 caddy bumber 53 belair grill surounding tring to think of something for the center the front of the fenders will be flared out to make the bumper look like it was made to be there

12. Sounds very interesting. I think I´d try and get hold of a 59 rear panel too. It appears to have a lot of shape that you could really use to get the lights out parallel with the back of the rear fenders.

13. satin&flake

satin&flake

theres a few yard out here when i get a little cash am might be on the hunt that what i was thinking getting the whole back panel that way i dont have to make too much lol
    thanks for your help

14. Rockabilly E

Rockabilly E
    from oregon

Lots of nice work on here.Could I get the name Hoyt on the helmet instead of john?Thanks.

Attached Files:

15. Brentadour

Brentadour

Anyone want to try a Watson Style Olds? I'd really like to see it. Though will it work with a continental kit?

Attached Files:

16. Mattbee

Mattbee

Hope this is what you are looking for. My first time doing something like that. BTW I like the picture. Matt

Attached Files:

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Hey how's it going guys, can anyone put a 55 Mercury front bumper on my dodge. I'm really thinking about putting one on.

Attached Files:

19. 'Mo

'Mo

I'd be curious to see the lights switched left for right, in which case actual Ford windsplits might work.

Or perhaps they could be used vertically, in true tear drop fashion?

In any event, frenching them would probably help the sense of proportion.

20. I tried switching them and it looked a little odd. Probably one of those things that you are so used to looking at, that when you change it its a bit weird all of a sudden. Upside down didn´t look bad FWIW, but they appear to be way to big to work vertically. I think the windsplits would work - its perspective that makes the lights appear to protrude so much.

If it was my car, I´d shave the flower pot of the rear quarter.

(I really like your avatar madel BTW Mo - future project?)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  21. Russian

Russian

it will look something like this

Attached Files:

22. 'Mo

'Mo

Thanks, JD.
    I used to work a bit in scale, but haven't in years. I may try to finish this one up though, for a "Kustoms" build-off on the scale community board. If I do, it will get a "Darrin Dip" in the doors.

(Your comment may be just the push I need. ;))

23. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Thanks Russian, that looks good! I think thats going to be one of my projects this winter.

24. skoh73

skoh73

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but I'm just happy to help out as well. :D

25. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

looks great ! :eek:

26. drew56cus

drew56cus

Satin&flake & James D,
    I am not sure if this is a help, but I really like the look of the frenched chev taillights on this car. I have a set of lenses at home to try it myself some day. This may be the look you are after.
    Cheers, Drew
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

27. I like that - looks really mean.

28. satin&flake

satin&flake

that sure does look good i need to find some soon so i can play before the snow falls thanks

29. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

Wondered if I could get a little help on my project. After starting a thread about having a rendering done some of us decided a PhotoShop would be best. Attached is something I started with MSPaint LOL!I'd like for the car to be blue and rims gold, along with the gold "5" on the door with a shadowed "5" behind it. I hope I'm not asking too much and would love if it was possible! That's about as far as paint will take me!

[​IMG]

Thanks guys!

30. Racrdad

Racrdad

My first posted phoitoshop attempt. I hacked up the version James D did a bit. Moved the lights in a little, changed the bumper and moved the plate. Couldnt find any rearview pics of fishtips to put on it.

[​IMG]