Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellyztrukz

kellyztrukz

Here is our little one. I got her a few years ago for my wife and she has become my best bud!

Attached Files:

2. 133

that picture is awesome!

3. CHAGO's the name.Monkey Dog is his nick name(cause he climbs up on anything).

on the way to the beach.in his usuall location.my girlfriend snapped these.

the look on his face of "what??"

4. pics

Attached Files:

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

bwahahahaahha the dog with the fro and mustache cracks me up awesome pic

6. Bodger45

Bodger45

Our new pup Cassie.

Attached Files:

7. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

nice pictures of mans best freind

8. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

wanted to report Bubba is doing MUCH better, we went with the Dick Van Dyke natraul balance, thats all we did, his fur is growing back, he's gaining weight, not throwing up, He was allergic to the grain they put in most dog foods. He's eating the duck potato food. He's a mess, wants to play tennis ball all the time, you can't ignore him or he drops the ball on you, or rolls it into you, or lays it on your neck

9. These two, brother and sister, love going along for the ride. Lakeland Terriers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

11. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Good to hear he's doing o.k.
    Same sort of problem we had.When Spike was just over a year old he became seriously ill.Thought I was going to loose him.After tests,we found out he was allergic to carbohydrates and had an intolerance to beef(ironic as he's a Bulldog!),lamb and various other stuff.Started him on Royal Canin sensitivity control,fish and semolina based.Fixed him within a week.
    Only down side is the food costs £55 ($85?) a 14kg bag.

12. newport

newport

Our Amstaffs. Bundaberg and Jackie is the brindle. And their puppies, we kept one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. newport

newport

Here is the little girl we kept. Lillian is her name and she has just turned 6months. These dogs just love going for a spin even 2 minutes down the road for a paper gets them happy.She has a broken toe at the moment and is bloody dangerous with the cast.

[​IMG]

14. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

This is Jesse. My wife named him Jesse James (after the outlaw, not the bike builder) because he stole her heart. It was love at 1st sight for both of us. Now he runs the house. He goes everywhere with either me or my wife. He loves to sit in your lap, and look out the window when we go for a ride. I think I need to get him some goggles. Ssh! He doesn't know he is a dog!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  15. Deuces

Deuces

Here's ours.... (Shelby) She barks at everybody she don't know which is cool by me.. She's a Chow/Lab mix and mean as hell..

Attached Files:

16. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

Heres my french bulldog Brody

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and heres my parents boston terrier at her first car show

[​IMG]

17. Deuces

Deuces

Cool dogs! :) ........ Here's the other member of the family.. This little guy is famous... On here anyway. :D Loves to have his picture taken ha ha. I only took him for one ride and that was too the vet. DOH! :( He didn't like that very much.. I found "Buddy" under my car one cold early morning @ 3 am. when I was on my way to the corner gas station to buy some smokes... Poor little guy was cryin' for his mom... :( He looked like he was 8 er 9 weeks old.. I think someone threw his little butt out the door in 30 degree weather... :mad: Well anyway, I called him from under my Stang and he comes crawling out from under there.. So, we gave him a nice warm home.. :) I'm surprised that he and our dog Shelby get along together which is very cool. :):):)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  18. metalmanbryan

metalmanbryan
    from maryland

My copilot he loves to ride

Attached Files:

19. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

The little Gal , Ginger, in the fore ground followed me home several months ago when I was out walking a couple of my other dogs. Got home and she walked right in ,even with 4 dogs standing just inside the door!! I think at that point I had been adopted !!:) Vet says she is a Visula/Pit mix. All I know is she is very loving and seems to be quite smart. She is about 10 months old and in the picture she is with my 13 year old Dal Roxie.

Attached Files:

20. this cute son of a bitch is Tater

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  21. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

I used to rent U-Haul trucks as well as sell Chevrolet parts. My wife would give me a ride to another U-Haul dealer somewhere in Oregon or Washington that had a big International JH truck so we could rent it to a customer. We had a dog named Stretch. He was half Black Lab and half Basset. I would have to lift him over my head to get him on the seat of those Cornbinders. He loved riding especially when he could look down on a car or pick-up at another dog. He was very friendly and very good at being a shop public relations dog. Many a time an irate customer would come in pissed off either about a truck I rented or a part I sold them and would see Stretch and calm right down. Stretch lived to be 17 years old.
    Dogs don't live long enough. He loved riding in the car in my avatar.

Attached Files:

22. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Oh my god! That is an awesome dog! How much did he weigh? We have a basset half his size and she weighs a ton.

Our dogs (we have five) don't like riding in the cars much but open the door on the motorhome and they're all in and ready to go.

You're right, dogs don't live long enough.

23. Here is my sons American Bulldog. Just a pup and fits nicely on the package tray of a 29 Coupe.
    Goin' fer a ride!

Attached Files:

24. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Hes not a guard dog :p

[​IMG]

25. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Here is my little guy riding with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I grew up with Labs and would have gotten one but shortly after we got married in '02 this little "Jack-Shit" (jack russell / shi-tzu) found us. I was working a night concrete pour at Miami International Airport and found her under a dozer. She was thin, had almost no hair and scared. I was just going to take her to the pound in the morning but she showed so much personality I couldn't do it.

She's not the rough-and-tumble, jump-in-the-truck, guard-the-house and go anywhere dog I really wanted but she's smart as a whip and loving.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. My little Papa-Chi named Gigi got real lethargic this weekend. She wouldn't eat or drink, and she was in pain when she walked. She'd shiver real bad, unless she was right up next to me on the couch or in bed. This morning, she could not walk at all. I stood her up next to her water and food, and her back legs splayed out like she had a stroke or something. She gave me this pained look with her big eyes and I picked her back up, tears running down my eyes. My wife took her to the vet this morning first thing. Come to find, she might have either a ruptured disc or a herniated disc in her back. She has feeling in her hind legs and paws, but she can not control where her legs go. All she wants to do is lay down. Before I went to work this morning, I bawled like a three-year-old, because I felt so damn helpless! Went to the vet's office after work and saw Gigi again. They'd given her steroids and pain killers, but she still looked so much in agony. Her little eyes were just huge, looking up at me. I cried like a three-year-old again. Seeing her like that just rips my heart out!

The vet is going to keep her there for three more days to see if she responds to the meds. Wish the hell I had the $$$ to get her operated on! For just the CAT scan on her back, plus more tests, is $1,500. To actually operate, assuming the disc is ruptured or herniated, is another $4,500.

BUT, the vet was telling me about how some dogs get around in little doggie wheelchairs, which is where they put the hind legs in a suspended strap contraption, and it has two wheels attached so a dog can still get around, play, pee, poop, and all that.

Anyone want to buy my '41 Plymouth pickup? I'd sell that in a second to get my little "G" back to normal again!!!

Gigi is just four years old - actually, her fourth birthday is December 20th. I'm going over to the vet's clininc tomorrow again after work to visit my little "G" and speak with the doc.

I can not handle the thought of possibly losing her. I really can't.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  28. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

She might be a candidate for dexamethasone and Robaxin. Robaxin is an anti-inflammatory that actually works better on canines than it does on humans. These are not expensive drugs and they she might respond. Check with your vet and if need be get a second opinion. Good luck.

29. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely let her know!

30. Patdoody

Patdoody

[​IMG]
    Bella trying to drive my f250

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.