Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Volinters needed to help try and make mericals happin! cancer and dosnt sleep!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ok need volinters to help with a fund raser i want to do i want to raise money for a cancer foundation something that has to do with kids maybe kids i think are hit harder because the havnt experianced life yet .the way i want to raise money is with the mileage i put on the fuck you 54 going to shows in 2011 the main drive i want to show case is the detroit autorama theres alot of big copanys here in san jose and maybe we can get them to donate x amount of dolars for each mile drivin
    i need someone with vary good organaration skills i have the ideas but need help big time im a cancer serviver and want to give back i put alot of miles on my car every year and have been wanting to drive to detriot for years but have always been to busy this year i want to make it happen and for a good cause
    any ideas or help post here pm me or call theres a cause out there that needs our help lets make something good happin together
    i will add more to this post this is a start any way
    oh by the way
    FUCK CANCER
    lets drive

2. "FUCK CANCER" won't go over too well with some people, and will with others. You might print T-shirts and stickers for both crowds.

3. Ok someone must have hacked Gambino's account. His english is way better than that.

I'll help ya out anyway I can buddy. Just lost my Bro in Law to lung cancer and my mom is living with cancer as we speak.

My organizational skills are good, let me know what I can do.

4. so its kinda like a Jog-a-thon, but its drive-a-thon....

get people to sponsor you per mile or something like that?

good idea.

5. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

OK I feel like an asshat, I guess I was feeling grouchy yesterday.

I'm a cancer survivor too. I lost my left leg above the knee from bone cancer when I was 13, and lost an older brother to stomach cancer around the same time. If this thing takes off I'll chip in.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

a group out of the Tulsa area already uses the F*UCK CANCER! Slogan on shirts and such but any way that I can help I'm down.

7. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

i dont think ill use that to promote this in its presantation stage its my personal feeling and a jump start i do beleave any one who has been involved on having it or a family member or friend DEEP down in side thats how they raly feel cancer is nasty and some times quick

8. ryno

ryno

Alex,
    I lost my dad to cancer a few yrs ago. I have to agree with ya. Fuck cancer. But the slogan must be tamed down to reach out to main stream sponsors. I'm down to help you with the idea. Contact
    me if I could be any assistanence.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  9. Quick is an understatement. My sis and Rich found out in September. I flew down the first week of October. He passed a week and a half ago.

10. Slonaker

Slonaker

Alex,

I'm a 20 year cancer survivor this year. I was diagnosed in my early 20s, 3 months after getting married. I share your feelings on the subject.

Slonaker

11. MissRedd

MissRedd

I am always willing to help a great cause, let me know what you need and I will give it a whirl. Since you would like to raise money for kids, have you thought about children's hospitals that have specialized cancer units? I know up here Dornbecher Children's Hospital.

12. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I just lost a friend to lung cancer & another friend as well as my mother-in-law has it, all from smoking. Anytime someone tries something to help any cancer victims I am all for it

13. Fenders

Fenders

If you're lucky:
    1) they cure it
    or if not...
    2) it's quick

14. csimonds

csimonds

Ryno, sorry for your loss bro! Fuck Cancer is right! I'm sure some of us East coasters could help out as much as possible!
    CHUCK

15. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Great cause Alex!

Way to man up and think of others!

My first reaction was 'oh.... Corporate sponsors won't like........." and even if they do, they won't be able to merchandise their good deed....etc.

But..... The reason why Gambino is so cool is that he is always his true self!!!!

Anyone who talks about your typing skills has never read what you write, coz it's usually much clearer and to the point than 5 pages of politically correct shit!!!!
    So, good luck man!!!!

16. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Maybe you should approach FCUK ( fashion brand???) as the first sponsor???:eek:

17. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

My dad is currently battling stage 4 colon/rectal cancer, not sure how I can help here in Illinois, If there is something I can do let me know.

18. Hell, great idea Alex. Just lost my neighbor of 25 years 2 weeks ago to brain cancer. I plan on making the trek back to mich for cobo with a "new" 55 Caddy next year. Let us know what we can do.... and PHUk CANCER

19. What kind of companies would you target as sponsors? Unfortunately, for a lot of companies the old car thang won't do anything for them. I'm not being negative, just trying to help define your goals.

20. Alex after losing my my mom at the age of 55 - 6 months after diagnosed I am not a fan of the terrible disease. I would love to help out in any way I can if you plan to come to Detroit, we would all love to see ya. Let me know if you need a couch, ride, grub etc between myself and the rest of the Poor Boys I am sure we could come up with something for ya.

21. ryno

ryno

I've been thinking about this for a few. here's some ideas.

don't make it just for Detroit.
    make it for a whole year.
    start off id grand national roadster show- SEMA, and all points in between ( round up,Santa maria, la roadster, viva, etc) i know you travel a good amount of miles each year.
    maybe we could get some major companies behind this idea, and then you would display their logos on the fuck you 54 all year long, ending in a special display at SEMA 11'.

t-shirts could be made with corporate sponsor ( Austin speed shop, HAMB, edelbrock, etc etc) logos printed on the back for x-amount of cash funds donated to a special cause that you'd have to establish, non profit, so its tax deductible for them. you could also offer mileage pledges from single supporters ( walk for life style, ie .10 cents for every ,mile driven)

22. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Count D & D Engineering and Cal-hot Coating in as sponsors . I will contact you Alex next week. I am also thinking that some of you artists out there can come up with a logo for this event, and I will also donate all the metal and laser cutting and Alex from cal-hot will do the powder coating for maybe a pendent or just a coin or something that can be handed out for a donation or to sell to mark hopefully the first annual event.

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I cannot make it to all of the shows that you make it to since I'm based out of Kansas but if you or someone else takes photos to document the entire journey I'll gladly help by creating a book that can tell the tale, then we can sell the books to donate to whatever charity you choose. We could do them as soft cover books that are coil bound to keep costs down.
    I'm thinking photos and maybe a few H.A.M.B.'ers along the way can write pieces to go with the photos, I already create some small books to document some of the shows that I go to, but would be glad to donate my time/effort to create something that can help this cause.

24. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Just a thought but i think if you could stop at some cancer clinics or hospitals on the way to Detroit you could get more sponsers on board.Pictures taken at Detroit with the car with a donation going to charity might also help.Good luck a lot of my family and friends has died of cancer including my Dad.

25. studhud

studhud

Detroit and back that's like 4000 miles I can't afford a buck a mile but maybe like ten cent a mile that's $400 I know how much you drive so I gotta be careful what I commit to but I'll donate some cash cancer sucks kids with cancer is the worst. I've worked around hospitals seeing the kids in there is really hard to see if your having a bad day seeing those kids is reality check.
    Dave Hitch

26. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I'm with you, I came a nats ass away from loosing the love of my life and the (now current) mother of my children from cancer....

I aint rich, but I'd a small amount of coin to the cause....(I aint organized as well as being a knuckle draggin doomass) what kinda milage we talkin bout as I gotta do the math (IE budget).....I got mouths to feed yo....

27. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Alex check out this link
    http://www.losgatosobserver.com/2009/07/31/forty-nine_states_in_nine_days
    the guy is local and might be able to turn ya on to some sponsors!! Hell if enough folks pledged just a penny a mile it wouldn't hurt anybody hard...all year pledges, particular event pledges, flat donations...50/50 raffles, Gambino corrals at the shows where folks could pay/donate to park around your car.....etc...i'll be glad to help out!!

28. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

you'll need a co-pilot. im in 100% and you know i am. let me know what we gotta do homes.

FUCK CANCER

29. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

hey thanxs alot could use all the help i can get

30. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

man guys what a responce THANXS
    ive got a bady party to go to today but tomarrow ill be on this like flys on shit
    thanxs for all the generousaty its the big companys out there that i want to sign up !!!silacon vally is home of alot of them there at the top of my list like
    yahoo
    cisco systems
    ebay
    apple
    microsoft
    to name a few
    then we have the whole hot rod industry
    the list is end less