Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do you have a jack in your Hot Rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Bob, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

How many of you have a jack in your Hot Rod?
    What is it out of, did you have to modify it.And have you ever had to use it? :eek:

2. yekoms

yekoms

The coupe is not finished yet but I figured on havin' a bottle jack. The top of it will be modified to work on the rear housing and the front axle. Jack, tire plug kit and a crappy little 12 volt compresseor will be there on long trips for sure. 'Cause if ya have it with ya it won't be needed...
    Smokey

3. I have a jack and a spare tire. The jack is a scissor type that I bought new from Canadian Tire (yeah, not many of those stores in the States I guess). No haven't used it, but it's nice to know it's there. '38 Olds coupe .... lots of trunk space.

4. picked up a small scissor jack. Think its from a Toyora or something. Only type I've found short enough to go under my front axle. Used it once on someone else's bucket.

5. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

Jack................I don't even have a spare in the 41, been driving it that way for over 10 years. Some day I will probablt regret not having one!!!

6. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i need to throw a scissor jack in my car just in case.. thanks for the reminder!

now i dont have a spare tho LOL..

but i intend to put one in ...

7. I picked up a cheapy jack at Wally World for the '39 in mid-August. I've been driving the car for several years with a spare and no jack. Well two days after I put the jack in the car it came to good use- the left rear wheel fell off the car while driving about 50 mph on the Long Island Expressway, on my way to the Rumblers NYC show. The skirt prevented the wheel from flying off, held the wheel in the fender well. I jacked up the car, put the wheel back on, no damage, and made it to the show. 'A couple lessons learned that day.....

8. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I carried a small bottle jack that I used to lift the front of the truck high enough to slide one of those small trolley jacks under the truck to lift the tire off the ground. I bought one of those 59.00 aluminum "racing" jacks from HF a while back that goes pretty low but I will still have to use the bottle jack to get the front end high enough to get that jack under it. I've used several different jacks over the years but normally have to use two to get the front end off the ground,

10. big bad john

big bad john

........I have 3 hotrods...so I have 3 bottle jacks.3 four=ways,three spare tires.........Have lots of room in the trunks and pickup box.......Ten years of hot rodding and not a flat yet.......lucky ....I guess....

11. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Only if i've stashed a dirty book under the seat ;)

12. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

i carry a jack and a spare tire in the model a when i take it out of town, when the 38 is done it will have a jack and a spare all the time. the T .... well yeah we all know that its hard enought to carry 2 people in a T.....ha ha!

13. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

not a hot rod, but i have a jack and a spare in mine... and thats just the old battery, i dont keep that in there ha

[​IMG]

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i have old luggage trunks in the back of both of my cars.went to harbor freight bought one of their 59.95 alluminum floor jacks. take handle out, fits right in there.plenty of room left. also cary one small jack stand.

15. Hell why carry a jack I don't take no tools or even a spare tire.

16. lawman

lawman

Has been said several times on this site. Cell phone and AAA !!!!!!
    LOL Tom (Tired Old Man)

17. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I take a small tool kit thats it

I agree with Lawman, I always take phone everwhere just in case

18. I usually have a jack of some sort, my favorite is a 6ton sears floor jack small and usable. But I also own an assortment of bottle jacks that get thrown in on occaision as well as a farm jack.

I carry them because if you don't have one you will need one.

I know that alot of the fellas carry a AAA card. That's actually better than a jack in some situations.

19. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I only have 5 in of clearance at the front axle on my model A (without a flat) I was thinking a scissor jack out of a import.

20. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I drive my car to much to count on AAA and a cell phone so I carry everything I need to fix it on the side of the road. In the trunk is a backup battery, tools, parts for ignition and fuel problems tire patch kit including an adapter to screw into a plug hole and enough hose to reach the tires, and a jack that will lift the car with a flat front tire. Sorry the car looks dirty but the weather has been nasty this week no time for a wash job;)

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      134.2 KB
      Views:
  21. 454navyss

454navyss

i dont take tools, a jack or a spare with me in my car

22. ganga

ganga

I just bring my AAA card.

23. No jack.....Roadside assistance coverage is all paid up.

24. combatmann

combatmann
    from Seneca SC

I have a scissor jack from Advance Auto Parts, also carry a spare tire. I have used it in the past. If you have room, carry a spare and jack.:)

25. I throw an inexpensive ($20-$30) baby floorjack in the trunk when I go on a trip

26. Wouldn't leave home without one!
    Picked up a small scissor jack in the salvage yard. Laying on the ground amid all the debris - no idea what it's from. Probably some jelly bean. Welded a small bit on the top so it would grab our front I beam and the shock perch on the banjo rear. We use a donut tire (and tube) on an old Ford Steelie. We be ready!

27. I usually need my JACK, after each and every drive in my 26. Rocks glass fill w/ice, diet coke, and lime ..............

28. metalman1

metalman1
    from tatum

Old porsche 944's have a cool all aluminum scissor jack,it is small,weighs about a pound,has a nice speed wrench style handle.It's about 12" long.

29. yblock292

yblock292

only when i'm driving

30. WhiteTrashPunkz

WhiteTrashPunkz

No jack! a snap-on breaker bar and socket and a different sized spare on a rusty old steel wheel..one day i will remember to get a jack :confused: