Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Calling all opinionated bastards and photo shoppers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Nov 1, 2010.

1. BlueGhost

BlueGhost

The body lines are similar enough to make a 7/8 scale May Cause Dangerous.

2. Me too!

Nads' Capri is a neat little car;, I went for a ride in it last time I was down in Florida. He's pretty knowledgeable on those cars, he'll probably chime in.

P.S. HAHAHA! I have a sick sense of humor my damn self!

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Okay my friend, it looks like you have very little else to do with your time other than nailing things with a big hammer:DI think Jane has fallen head over heels with this beauty, and we are thinking black vinyl interior with red metal flake Zodiac panels. For those of you who expressed interest in the history of these cars I can only tell you what I think I know. This was the coupe version of the consul classic four-door family saloon which came with a really different and really horrible roofline. Ford started making them in 1961 with 1350 cc engine and a four on the floor, but it was a little gutless and this one is the slightly later 1500 GT model. I can't be certain that I think they were the first British production car came with front disc brakes as standard. Unfortunately, both models were a failure, probably far too futuristic looking for the square British population of the time. I love them because I think they are totally unique and the closest thing to a "British factory Kustom" we ever turned out. Again I'm not sure on this one, but I did hear that Ford designer and jazz musician Roy Brown who was responsible for much of the styling on the ill-fated Edsel was "exiled" to Ford's production facility in rainy old Dagenham England to oversee the design of the Capri and classic. Judging on how well they went down over here, he probably ended up in front of a firing squad after they stopped production of these models in 1964.
    Thanks for the encouragement and support, keep them coming our minds aren't made up yet!
    Paul

4. BLUE HEMI

BLUE HEMI
    from new jersey

looks good the way it is.:cool:

5. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

oh yes my friend, Mr Turnbull and Miss Jaycee at Royal Kustoms will be very much involved in this one. Twin Frenched antenna,eh? I like the cut of your jib, Sir!
    Paul

6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for that man, but although she's very tidy the photographs are quite flattering, and we reckon that after some hard driving through a British winter she's gone and need a little beautification. And like I said, although there aren't that many left over here most of them tend to be this stock colour. And we all know what stock does, don't we children?
    Paul

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

All stolen from the Internet...

3252144576_b31c337fe9.jpg

400px-Kirk-jones-starliner.jpg

Starliner.JPG

images.jpg

8. dannyego

dannyego

haha..you guys stole my idea about using the may cause dangerous paint!! haha

9. matt black,moon disk,moon equip air freshener,iron cross peep mirror and not forgeting skulls on your dust caps.

i dont need your reply all i can say is i love you too Paul hahahaha

10. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

"This P.C. attitude is best saved for a place not filled with bastards, hooligans, hellions, hot rodders, pigs, rockers, mods, cripples, and the assorted downright deviant folks that make up the profile here."

You watch your mouth. I am NOT a mod!

11. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Kripfink, thanks for the history lesson and I think that Gigantor already posted your winnah! That is a tidy body style and I can understand why your wife wants it.

12. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

13. With all due respect to you senior hambers. I don't see any suggestions regarding fender skirts. That body line flaring back from the rear wheel well, just begs for a full skirt to the back bumper. That's just my opinion. How about a sample C.A.D. master?

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I am one of those opinionated bastards.......chop the living dog fuck out of it and put skirts. Cool car by the way.

15. I was thinking the same

16. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

ok, i was bored so i threw this together. it's not a perfect photoshop job but nobody's payin me either. ;) chopped top and off-white paint:

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      84.4 KB
      Views:
  17. Gigantor

Gigantor

I'll take a crack at a chop and skirts when I get back to work where the photoshop file is hiding behind legit work stuff. Although the reverse chop bubblegum pink is wicked cute.

18. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

fender skirts...

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      82.2 KB
      Views:
  19. RichG

RichG

I like the "Lady Fink"... but Krip should get a chance to cruise it too... even if just in avatar mode:
    [​IMG]

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, well since we are talking about opinions, the chop seems WAY wrong for this body style to me, the body already seems too thick relative to the roof in stock form, chopping the roof is gonna make it look even heavier. I was kinda thinking it needed a slight sectioning in stock form...

21. RichG

RichG

M'kay, here's a very mild sectioning job, about 2-2 1/2" or so:

[​IMG]

22. poncho39

poncho39

great loking car. I would consider a three inch top chop,pearl white roof, hood and deck, sided a delectible candy blue. There is my .02 c

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Gigantor, how about doing a flat black?

24. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

How about taking more off the top and making that big windsheild a little smaller . The add the shirts .

Retro Jim

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

25. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

propwash<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5813512", true); </SCRIPT>

I agree with your statement 100% in post number 20.

YOU can count me as number two in that list of misfits..

26. Cool car.. The red top looks awesome.. Skirts on that puppy would go along way. The mild section was sweet but what a bitch that would be to do.

27. my highschool engineering teacher had one. it had metallic brown body with cream roof.
    Krip, im not feeling the cream thing and was wondering if theres any paint left over from your truck?
    you said you dont want to do to much to it but we all know how that goes, although its not a blokes car.
    id like to see it p shopped in the heavy red flake same as your panel truck just for fun.

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OH Man!! That has GOT to be released as a model kit at least!!

Doc.

29. Cymro

Cymro

Keep the blue/green for now flake the roof over the white add pearl, corvair hub caps, a slight drop and lakes pipes, and perhaps a metalic white / turquoise interior.

Do you remember the light blue / silvery metalic, mild custom / lowrider Capri that was around in the early '80's (I don't remember the owner's name) that was featured in Street Machine and Hot Rod and Custom UK. This one had the "stance".

30. hey Doc, next model group build off is gonner be customs. why not build that thing and donate it to mrs fink. lol. might get you off your punishment. LOL.