Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects what has your project survived through?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by obsolete zach, Oct 29, 2010.

1. my first build took eight years. it survived through three moves, a divorce, a custody battle, a marriage, and living in an appartment with no garage space.
    at some point it becomes a little more than just a car.
    at times my project was all that got me through.
    so i'd like to know, for inspirational purposes.
    what has your project survived through?

2. 11 years on build, on 2nd (and last) wife, 3rd house( plus garage builds), and times with loooow funds. More like a good dog or a child. always there.

3. tjsr19

tjsr19
    from Lincoln NE

I am in the middle of a divorce. Please pray for me and my cars well being. It is off the frame Right now so I hope that will make my life easier.

4. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Mostly they survive my own stupidity and constant mind changing.

5. tjsr19, i feel for you 110%. good luck man, or better yet get a good lawyer.

6. TERPU

TERPU

7. tjsr19

tjsr19
    from Lincoln NE

Thank you I am trying to afford one. she shut done my business so I am out of work. Nice huh.

8. Major flood. Would rather have shit burn up that flooded out!@ Easier to deal with when it is Gone RATHER THAT SOGGY AND SHOT.

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My old A RPU project lasted through three deployments to Afghanistan, the project being started in the Barracks car park, A parachute accident (Broke back in 5 places, both ankles, R knee has had 8 operations), discharge from the Army, several O/S trips as a private military contractor, 3 interstate moves, was lucky enough to be stored at my parents when I lost everything else I owned in a fire but was eventually sold unfinished when I ran out of that money stuff.:(

The A40 I have now has beaten one interstate move, being sold on (Then it came back to me:DYAY), the loss of everything I had accumulated since the fire (Only recently) and now is living through being about 1800 Km away from me in a friends shed while the Nailhead is even further away in another friends garage............................. I do hope this one survives!!:p

Doc.

EDIT, I still look fondly at pics of the A RPU, that and I survived a lot of shit. I hope the new owner is treating it right.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A fire in my last shop. It was the direct result of the idiot hippie artists that I had to share a wall with. They left their candles burning when they left their "art" space.

They had no money to sue for. Insurance covered the rest, but it set me back about a year recovering.

11. big bad john

big bad john

.......Me and my girlfriend.......

12. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, about the same as alot of people.. Many moves. Some bad personal situations, being flat ass broke.. And perhaps most dangerous, losing any actual motivation to make it happen. But I'm too stubborn to sell it before it's done, it means too much to too many people.. As a matter of fact, a huge reason I won't let it go is because it was Hambandy's favorite car when we went to visit him in the hospital.. I gotta finish it.

13. Shade Tree McGhee

Shade Tree McGhee