Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boredom + day off = making random things.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zach from ny, Oct 29, 2010.

1. zach from ny

zach from ny
    from New York.

So my girlfriend and I are building a '52 Merc 4 door, which used to be her father's...etc etc (I'll make a thread on the car some day.)

Looks way better than this now...old pic.
    [​IMG]

So anyway, the prev owner had a GROSS shifter and console from an 80's Monte or Camaro. It was blue (interior is all dark green), dirty and gross looking as hell. So we ripped it all out and kept the shifter in there, and decided to buy or make some kind of shifter console covering for now, until we put a tall, nasty shifter in there.

So I took off work today, since I had tons of dental work done last night and felt like death all morning...and ended up bored out of my skull, wandered in the basement and made this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's an old shotgun ammo box I found in the trunk of a '56 Roadmaster in the woods. Worms ate the top and bottom, so I broke them both out, cut/filed it to hold nice to the tranny hump, made a new top from slats from an old broken 50's milk crate, glued/screwed it and covered it with bandana fabric that should match the interior. haha. I need to cut a hole for the shifter to pop through later. Fits perfect in the car.

I think it'll look pretty cool. Might cut a hole for a coffee cup in it later on. hahaha.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Gives new meaning to a whole shot doesn't it.
    Amazing what a day off can do for the soul. Cool.

3. zach from ny

zach from ny
    from New York.

Wow I threw it on the front seat when I got to the car before dark and it matches the interior DEAD ON. Haha! I took a shot in the dark wandering the aisles in the arts & crafts store before.