Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 up Steering wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Oct 29, 2010.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys I have to find a steering wheel for my 33 and its hard to find the correct one at an affordable price. What others will bolt straight up? I presume there is a year where the mounting changed?

2. Rem

Rem

Definitely up through to '46 used the taper / keyway style, and '53-up F100 had splines. So that leaves F-1 - can't answer that!

3. Rem

Rem

Also just checked a '49 passenger parts book and in the illustration it looks like it's splined.

4. tysond

tysond

I have a couple of 40 wheels if you're interested Pete. I think they'll fit.

5. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Tysond that might work if I cant find a 33. Im going to keep looking but it seems I now have options. Thanks guys!

Any good references where it shows the different year wheels?

6. Pete, I am also looking for a wheel for my 34. I can tell you that the bigger wheels won't fit. I searched and searched and finally found a 40 Lincoln wheel, I was super excited for a month, I finally found my steering wheel. It came all nice and wrapped up and I was drooling until I tried to put it on. The wheel fit the shaft just fine, it was too big. There was only 1 -1/2" of room between the wheel and the windshield and about 2-3 inches from the door. :(:(:( All I could envision is me someday having to made a fast turn and ending up punching the windshield.

Now I am having an early Ford banjo being restored and the Lincoln wheel is hanging on the wall.

7. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah thanks for saving me from an expensive mistake mate.