Register now to get rid of these ads!

lost tin mine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Allen, Oct 24, 2010.

1. David Allen

David Allen

Has anyone ever visited R&C's lost tin mine? Remember the story? They gave, very vague, clues to this place in Nevada where they had taken pictures of sooo much tin it made your eyes water. I looked off and on for several years, but never found it. I read, years later(maybe 20 years later), that it was Manhattan Nevada. Has anyone ever been through there? In my looking I did find a lot of hulks, and several complete cars and parts, mostly rust free. There are still a lot of cars out there, but also a lot of targets too.

2. F&J

F&J

Some guys here use Google Earth to look for junkyards in a town. Might be worth a look, unless it is a huge area.

...meaning it is a satellite picture view that you can zoom in with.

3. As far as Google Earth goes there is a local place here that I keep an eye on, all I see from looking over the fence is black berry bushes. You can't see anything from the road but Google Earth tells me there is at least 40/50 cars under bushes in the yard, it is a great resource if you have a specific area to look at and seems to negate all kinds of underbrush and overgrowth.

4. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Just had a look at Manhattan,NV on google earth, pretty bad resolution, couldnt make out anything like cars sitting. Wow that is a really,really remote spot though!

5. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Was there several times about 4 years ago, small almost ghost town over the hill from the Round Mountain Gold mine. about 75 Miles north east of Tonopah, matter of fact the road thru town turns to a very washboarded dirt road as soon as you leave Manhattan going east. Didn't see but just a few old cars, mostly twisted junk.
    Never know though, Lots of gold and silver out there, could have been a lot of Vintage gold hidden somewhere too........but I doubt it. Manhattan is VERY small but it does have a bar/grill. Several miles further up that dirt road is a ghost town that used to be the county seat. called Belmont, they have a bed and breakfast that cooks your dinner on a wood stove, very very interesting and cool place to visit, they have a display of seemingly abandoned "OLD " vehicles, road graders old chevy truck still stuck in a fallen over building, even have an old open roadster type firetruck. Makes you think it was abandoned Many Many years ago, sits outside the B&B all forlorn looking makes you feel sorry for it.... that is until you actually go look at it and notice the small block chevy with headers and alum intake. kinda blows the ambiance all away.....

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Go to google, click on maps, and type in

47.309526,-122.141454

8. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

Hey I remember that article, there was a pretty complete 35-36 three window featured. Man, I'm getting old.