Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG in need of help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nverdone, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Nverdone

Nverdone

Couple questions

If there are no markings on a headlight bucket does anyone know how to identify them? They are 8" diameter at the opening, have three tabs inside for the retaining ring, and if sitting on the front they are about 12-13" tall..... I don't have trim rings or retainers or glass for them. If I know what they are maybe it will make it easier to find that stuff. Or does anyone know a good place to find that stuff.

Next

I am looking for a plain solid steely wheel 15x4. Does anyone know where to find that, or know of a place that could get one down and reweld it in SE Michigan?

Please Help!

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Need pics of the headlight

3. Nverdone

Nverdone

Will take some tonight and post them. Thanks

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Other than hoping that someone will recognize the headlight you can start hunting through photos of cars you think that the headlight might be off.

5. What bolt pattern for the wheels?

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A 93/99 Ford Taurus shows to have a 15x4 spare. Meaning that you might be able to cut the centers out of a pair of those and fit the hoops to centers that fit your hubs. A couple of those spares should be less than dirt cheap at a wrecking yard if you don't tell them what you are going to do with them. For some reason around here when the wrecking yard guys figure out that you are going to make a hot rod part out something the price goes up.

7. Nverdone

Nverdone

I have thought about maybe chopping some donuts from the scrap yard but I think I would just be better off to have some made the right way. What I am looking for is 15x4 5 lug on 4.5.........

8. Nverdone

Nverdone

Took some pictures last night when I got home. Excuse the poor picture quality and half a$$ paint. I media blasted them and sprayed a little paint on them to keep them from rusting to oblivion before a did something with them. They had a few rust holes in them so I doped a little fiberglass resin inside to patch them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Nverdone

Nverdone

Any help at all??

10. F&J

F&J

They look like an OEM bucket, not aftermarket. Those longer shaped lights are likely right before sealed beams came out, so they probably had seperate reflectors and lenses....with a bulb, not a sealed beam.

There were kits made in the 40s to retro fit beams, but they would be hard to find even if you knew what car those were on.

The retro kits had kind of an ugly larger headlight rim because the sealed beams were smaller than the original glass lenses.

Not cheap, but try Donald Axlerod. I think his shop name is Headlight Headquarters...in Mass. Google it.

11. big bad john

big bad john

Hello.......The head lights look like old chevy or dodge from 34 to 36....I'm sure their somebody out there that could measure the rims for it......For your wheels......Vintage wheels makes just about everything you need in a wheel..Youll need bolt pattern and backspacing....Good luck....Big Bad John