Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Air - Instructions / Usage / Problem solving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 Club - Modified, Oct 18, 2010.

1. 56 Club - Modified

56 Club - Modified

I had someone install Hot Rod Air in my Ford plus had sent out my dash heater control unit to them to modify for the air conditioning on switch. I have now discovered that it seems the heater is on all of the time.

I have found through many searches that Hot Rod Air went belly up.

Does anyone else have the same problem ? Does anyone have either a hard (paper) or electronic copy of the installation, instructions, or problem solving manual(s) ?

2. What kind of heater control do you have. Some use a manual cable operated one. Others have the 12 volt powered ones. Water has to be stopped somehow are you will get heat all the time. Control should be in the hose from the intake to the heater. Maybe the installer failed to install a control?

3. maniac

maniac

Exactly, I run shutoffs on the heater hoses under the hood, other than that the Old Air system has been in for 15 years or so, no problems

4. 56 Club - Modified

56 Club - Modified

My unit was installed without any engine bay cutoffs / heater control valves; The heater hose comes through the firewall into the top of the HotRod Air control box. I then also have a hose that goes from the HotRod Air control box back through the firewall that just sticks out - some type of emergency runoff ? I think I need the installation instructions to figure out where to look next.

5. Retrorod

Retrorod

That hose drains the condensation from the evaporator case. Make sure you allow it to remain open.

6. Definitely should have a heater control valve in the one of the heater hoses, usually the one from the water pump, IIRC.

Wasn't Hot Rod Air basically a copy of the early Vintage Air systems? Vintage Air can provide you with the heater valve, for sure, and they might be willing
    to give you some tips on hooking it up.